Is there no making women happy?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevy 350, May 26, 2012.

1. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I like ladies too, we'd get along great!:D

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Agreed.

Both are happy with the way they operate, and that's the most important part of the relationship.
    People are brought up very differently with very different personalities. It takes awhile to find a match.
    Some never do, and just settle for whatever they can get. That's usually the headache's you read about
    online from unhappy couples.

Some find the financially stable partner, but they are wacky personality wise, or high maintenance, or buttfugly.
    Some find the best of everything in the complete package.

I've been with my wife 8 years now, never fought once. Ours works very well, but it's not a model
    everyone can or should follow. Everyone is different, we just found and know what works for us.
    We avoided the traps of most relationship failures......money arguments and social outing time for both.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  3. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

My wife and I have separate checking accounts, and it's worked well for years.

The difference is, we separate the money in each account by what bills get paid. All the money in my account goes toward paying the mortgage, car payment, property taxes, car insurance and house insurance. Hers is for what's left over, like the water bill, cable tv, electricity, etc.

Some of the money which is left from all that gets put away for savings, then the rest is petty cash.

It has managed to keep us fight free for quite a while.

4. girl-E

girl-E New Member

I appreciated your viewpoint very much. And I am always happy to hear about a relationship that is standing the test of time. I'd like to turn my 7 years into 23 too!

5. girl-E

girl-E New Member

This is one thing that really makes me sick about some women. I always hear from my girlfriends how their husbands won't "let" them go shopping or hides the credit cards, and I used to think the husbands were the bad guys. But when I saw my girlfriend making a $200 purchase on 2 or 3 different credit cards to be sneaky...well then it all made sense.

I feel so bad for men who's wives hide their spending, that's the worst kind of betrayal. They are putting their families financial security at risk and all for a new little black dress. I don't get it.

6. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

My wife can buy anything she wants, anytime. She's worked for 37 years and deserves it. If it makes her happy...... Unfortunately, when I buy something and she doesn't like it, I suffer for a while. When I bought my FXDWG and Camaro, ouch!!! But they're something I wanted.

She's bought some dumb stuff and I didn't like it (made no sense) but its something she wanted and I'm all for it. Satisfaction, based on material items, comes from within. Car wise, she wanted a replacement for our Camry. I spotted a slightly used Accord. She drove it and bought it. Cash. From that point on, no matter what the car needs (maintenance, tires, repairs, etc) I foot the bill.

7. Flyingkiwi

Flyingkiwi Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you can't please her now. You never will.

The real problem is...You are trying to please her. You are seeking approval.
    This tells her that SHE can wear the pants. now the bad news
    It's virtually impossible to turn back the clock now you have started this. The only thing you can do is jump off the train before it inevitably wrecks.

Just my 2c

8. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

BTDT.. about 2 months ago..
    happy go-lucky and single now after almost 20 yrs:)

9. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just now read the thread and played catch up.....
    Damn good parental guidance right there. That's how I lived my life.
    I'm with him. You are fukked.