Is this bad?

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
County here (Catoosa) has one salt truck. It's a spreader in the back of an old square body 3/4 ton. They usually spread small gravel on icy spots at intersections and bridges. Don't think I've ever seen salt in it though.

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
NJ isn't the northeast! :) This is!

272645988_5570759496274050_3186064525829922355_n.jpg

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Of course.

a few years ago. You can see the SS brake lines in the pics.

Nope. But those state dmv guys would not have seen that anyway.
I started out as Licensed state inspection Mechanic in Pa. It would not have gotten past me. Used to see Ohio cars back then. Gheeze. Newer cars 8-10 yrs old from northern states that I worked on here in Florida are unbelievable. My wife's friend from Chicago wanted me to work on their car. Looked beautiful on top. I told them no. I said it should go to the junk yard. Brake lines so bad and leaking. ABS unit crusted. Funny thing is, I saw it in the JY with a hole in the front bumper cover. Looked like they smack a truck with a trailer hitch.

BonzoHansen

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 1, 2005
Scott from Hamilton, NJ
I started out as Licensed state inspection Mechanic in Pa. It would not have gotten past me. Used to see Ohio cars back then. Gheeze. Newer cars 8-10 yrs old from northern states that I worked on here in Florida are unbelievable. My wife's friend from Chicago wanted me to work on their car. Looked beautiful on top. I told them no. I said it should go to the junk yard. Brake lines so bad and leaking. ABS unit crusted. Funny thing is, I saw it in the JY with a hole in the front bumper cover. Looked like they smack a truck with a trailer hitch.
We just had state guys. Not that thorough, no lift

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
So the other day I was getting to some long overdue maintenance on my 93K 1500. I go underneath it and this didn't look right what do you think?

View attachment 147624

You non rustbelt guys have no idea the fun you miss not being in the northeast and all the salt and brine and b*******.

He's the rest of that bolt. Holy crap look at that taper. She hung in for dear life lol

View attachment 147625

View attachment 147628

Even the lower brackets were beat.

View attachment 147629

View attachment 147626

All fixed, got parts from LMC. I probably got lucky the bolts are like that instead of over the axle like on a 2nd gen. The front bolts on both sides were fine. And it's probably been like that for a while. Can't believe I hadn't noticed earlier. I'm guessing there used to be scale over it concealing it. But I haven't worked on it in a few years. It's an extra vehicle
View attachment 147627

I stock those u bolts they are so dang common for that. All gm 1/2 ton trucks from 88-2007 used the same bolt. Probably sold 30 sets this year and the plow guys haven’t even started getting their rigs going yet lol.

Latest posts