Isn’t anyone going to buy the Grinch?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by roeville, Apr 5, 2020.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I looked at that car and I just don’t like it....I also think $200k is a little rich. I have seen much nicer looking Detroit Speed builds sell for $80-$100k at BJ.

I don’t understand what their vision was with some of the ( I think not tasteful) mods. I Mean what’s up with the front fenders? They wanted the upper valence panel to be the whole front rather than the fenders extending all the length of the car? The extended rear panel routing under the car...eh.
    I don’t see it selling for that much.

2. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Hell no. A quarter of a million dollars?
    Let me make one thing clear, the workmanship and quality is there for sure. The design just does not work. It is not a beautiful car. Not in the least. Those door handles are an insult to that car's body lines. I still do not like his tail lights and the rear roll pan with exhaust exiting out of it is goofy looking. Once again, the fab and craftsmanship is all there but the car is not brought together by it. The engine bay is awkward. The braces, if functionally tied to something like the cage going through the fender, are cool. The rear seat delete is just an easy out for the mini tub adn the storage compartments are not for a mega dollar build. More like a teenager's woofer box where he lost the back seat for some bass.
    It just does not "work" as a cohesively designed piece and is not worth $225K.
    Opinions are like b-holes since everyone has one so, maybe it is just me.

$ Mike 70 Z-28 and roeville like this.
  3. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The paint and the rims/tires are two of the biggest things for me and it is just ugly.

4. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

...nice rear spoiler, bigger is better right? hahaha and yes put the gas cap there because you want to squirt any leftover gas on your tail lights,
    omg that spoiler hahahahahaa

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I don’t think they installed mini-tubs...they flared the 1/4 panel wheel well...yuk!

6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Hate to come out and say it, but the overall redesign is a failure. It just doesn't work. Looks like a bunch of tasteless add ons. Probably 500+ hours work on it too.

7. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

The various changes are hit and miss. The front end fender mod is terrible. The thing is, Camaros were built and sold to be fun, sporty, AFFORDABLE cars for everyman (or woman). Spending that much money on one takes away a big part of what made them great in the first place. I'm sure the quality of the work is second to none but when you throw such huge sums of money at it, it begins to be grotesque. Just my opinion. To each his own.

8. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I like the color and the wheels but the gas cap, the front spoiler, the flares and a lot of other things just killed the lines of the car for me

That’s why dse to me is king because they keep the soul of the car

9. xten

xten Veteran Member

Ring Bros really dropped the ball on this one. Musta been their guinea pig. Would't be worth the time to ask all the "why" questions I would have.