Jeg's XHD Converter prices sky rocket

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by 1980RS, Sep 8, 2021.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I have used 2 of the Jeg's XHD converters in the past with great results so I was going to get a tight stall version to try. Holy carp did the price go up on those, last time I looked they were $362 and with a 10$ off it was $352 now as of today they are like $500 bucks. I am sure going to see how guys when they start selling stuff at the swaps know that if the new prices are this high used parts are going to be at a premium soon.

2. Chevyforever

Chevyforever Veteran Member

You always seem to find bargains, amazing some of the stuff you bought for peanuts !!

1980RS likes this.
  3. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I got the 4100 Jeg's from a guy on craigslist for $125, he had it in a 71 Chevelle but hated it on the street, worked great with my peanut port engine. His car ran 11.70's with it then he put a tighter one in his car and it only ran 12.15 but he said it was better on the street. The 2nd one I got was tighter 3500 stall and worked well when I tested it against my mild 400, that one was $150. Some of these guy around where I live give stuff away.

4. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Material costs have gone up, shipping prices have gone way up, and tariffs on offshore goods have added 20%.

Converter parts come from overseas, ocean freight has gone from less than $100 per cubic meter of freight to $500. That 5x the cost.
    Trumps tariff has added 20% to the entire cost.
    Material costs have doubled and tripled in some cases, IF you can get the material.

muscl car and MChamp like this.
  5. MChamp

MChamp Veteran Member

^^ what jake said, I play some in the markets. don't get me started on these knuckleheads. I coulda made several retirements off lumber futures. smdh....

6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

yeah that big IF YOU CAN GET IT...thing is REAL! Ive had to redsign my build 3 times just because "shipping delay ...earliest date November 8"....kind of stuff.

MChamp likes this.
  7. 73Z L92

73Z L92 Veteran Member

Give the folks at Yank or Circle a call. Both build a great stall converters.