Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.
john glad to hear you got the bugs almost worked out, engine sound mean
I had another setback this weekend. I took my console to my friend’s house to cut out the center aluminum plates for it. I had to sit it on the ground because he didn’t have any counter space. I was helping him on building and installing a roll cage. I then went to get some pipes and noticed his dog chewed up the back part of my console. I thought I was going to kill that dog. So, I worked with him all day on the cage and went home that night to start putting filler on my wood console.
Sunday afternoon I had to spread more filler on the console. Just cleaning it up I found more teeth holes on different areas. I then cut out the new plates for the front stereo plate and the shifter cover plate.
Yesterday I got my door glass out the yard and starting cleaning both of them up. I had to end up using a razor blade on both sides of each glass. I don’t know what was on them, but the razor got it off. Tonight, I will take some pics for reference on what rollers go in each area. Those bolts in the rollers are rusted bad and I hope it doesn’t give me too much trouble getting them off. I am trying to concentrate on the glass and molding this weekend. Just trying to knock out all of the last details before paint. Thanks for checking out my progress.
keep up the good work ...
Worked on the door glass last night. took reference pics. I was able to unbolt the two inner pieces on both glasses. i had to grind off the outer rollers on both windows. I was nervous about shattering the glass, but it worked out ok. Now hopefully my glass scratch removal kit comes in tonight so i can get out the scratches.
That thing sounds wicked John
Thanks, i thought it would be louder than that. I still need to tack on the exhaust tips. I think i need to up the degrees on the mapping. It has to idle high to stay running. Hopefully i might get another video this weekend.
I'd be really grateful if you would share the photos of the window roller hardware as I'm about to install new hardware on new glass.
Thanks in advance.
here are some pics of the new glasses with new hardware.
I hope that helps.
Many things accomplished over the long holiday weekend. First was to troubleshoot the ignition. My friend came over Friday to start diagnosing the system. After many hours, he concluded that the trigger wheel sensor wasn’t working properly. So, I went to another friend’s house to use his die to cut some threads on the other sensors we got out the junkyard. Both of them had the plastic just start breaking and falling off the sensor. We noticed both were Ford products and the first one was an aftermarket. It was thicker which allowed us to thread the piece. So, the electrical friend researched and found another sensor at the local auto store for $30. The only issue was it was a straight design and the other was a 90-degree design. So, we decided to make another bracket to accommodate the straight design. All of this took over a couple of days. So, onto Sunday and bracket is made, installed and sensor installed.
Since this sensor was in a different location, I had to undo all the brackets and zip ties all the way into the cab and pull out another 1 ½” of cable. Once all of that was done we were back to troubleshooting. I noticed that after taking all the spark plugs wires off and on again that we probably had #6 and 8 crossed in the looms. So, we wired all up correctly. We also test the spark on each wire. We got an easy 40,000 volts with a very bright white spark. That was very impressive. That is why this system seems to work great besides the timing coming straight off the trigger wheel attached to the balancer. So, we decided to try and start it up again. It started up with a little help. Eventually we got it down to 14-degrees at startup. What a great relief to hear this this start up and run. All seemed to function and the electric fans came on around 190 or so degrees. Cooled off very quick.
On Monday, I went into bodywork mode on the center console. Since the resin was cured, I sanded it all down and did a couple of applications of filler in some areas. After I got everything sanded, I shot filler primer on the entire piece. Once dried it allowed me to see all the other holes and damage and I applied filler to those areas. Then I sanded the entire console down. I think now it’s ready for some leather. Here are some pics.
I also sanded on my aluminum steering wheel. It was given to me from a friend and it had some nicked-up spots and had an emblem on the horn button. I sanded the engraved emblem down and made the button smooth. I also received two new door glasses and installed all the new rollers. BTW, during the startups, I did shift the trans into the gears and the tires did turn. Applied the brakes and all stopped. I did have to add a few more quarts of oil after shifting through the gears. I didn’t get everything I wanted completed, but I am very satisfied on the outcome of the weekend. Still trying to get this thing on the road for the summer. Thanks for checking out my progress.
Impressive, I only was able to spend about an hour or so on mine this weekend. To many competing priorities with family and house. Keep up the good work and that thing will be cruising around in no time!