JohnL71RS’s Project restart…..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Then I started to put LED recessed lighting in and remove all the flouresent lights. Next was the insulation and sheetrock the ceiling.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

During deconstruction of old cabinets I found some carpertor ants problems. I had to fix this.

[​IMG]

Next was to insulate to left wall and start the lower cabinets. I cant find the pics but you can see in in the next pic. I also got a Yukon tool box for the cabinet. I made it for two. Next was to make the upper cabinets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can also see in the pics that i ran my air lines. i used pex piping.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

In the last few weeks, I poured a cement slab on the rear corner of the garage. I the proceeded to move the air compressor to the slab and build a shed around it. The shed was attached to the garage wall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before I closed in the wall I wired up the air comp to find blowdown line for my auto-draining kit. I discovered that the air pressure switch was broken, and I ordered one. Since the switch was on the wall side, I got some ½” pipe and relocated it to the front of the air comp. I also installed a bathroom ceiling exhaust fan to pull out all the hot air. It was wired into an existing line, but I tied into the hot side of the motor connector on the pressure switch. This would turn on the fan when the air comp is on. I made a dryer system out of ½” pipe. I used pex to connect it from the air comp to the steel pipe and then back to pex to go inside to my cut-off ball valve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also had to remove the pool and start trashing and removing the deck around it.

[​IMG]

I am trying to get the cabinets constructed on the right wall and clean up the yard and garage. You cant walk in my yard because of all the crap. Unfortunately, Sunday night I cut my finger very bad on the flashing and finger is in a brace for 10 days. So I will cleanup this week and weekend. I will try a few things that I might be able to handle.

3. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

So now an update on the car. i have been waiting on a friend to come install the anti-roll bar. he is also going to help replace the bearing in the steering column under the tilt section. i can't drive it because of the tiring binding in the rear wheel well. hopefully i get the garage cleaned up to get the car back in. it has been under the owning under blankets and plastic since January. thanks for checking out my progress

4. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

ouch!!
    [​IMG]

5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is going to be a very nice man cave/garage you've got there!!

That finger looks like it really smarted!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

WOW! Great work. Definitely not sitting around on the couch! That was a ton of work and more to go. Will be really nice when it is done.....

Ouch on the finger. Looks like it will heal quickly though.

7. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Looking good John. Except for your finger.

8. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very nice work on the garage! That deck and pool removal project brings back memories. The fun is over when the destruction is done. Haha bad deal on the finger. That thin metal is dang sharp!

9. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wow that's a ton of well done work man! Sorry for the finger..

10. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Here are some more pics of redoing the backyard. me and the wife leveled it out Saturday and i laid the sod down Sunday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still more work to come. i also cut and made the counter top next to the sink and cut one side of the pantry.

hubedobeedo and 71RSLS like this.