Junkyard in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Mid-West Owners' started by Noah_Seward, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Noah_Seward

Noah_Seward Veteran Member

I've been looking for a few parts for my car (front fenders with vents, and front spoilers). So I was wondering if anybody in Indiana knew where a junkyard that would have 2nd gen parts. I'm about an hr north of Indy. So i dont really want to go all the way to southern Indiana.

Please let me know if you know where one of these junkyards are at. Or if you happen to have these parts around me.

Thanks in advance :bowtie:

2. indy camaro

indy camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Noah... I've been looking here in Indiana for decades now ... You know just keeping my eyes open.... There ain't jack crap around here in the way of 2 nd gens ! Other than the cataloges from Cali !! Best of luck ...

3. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Nothing that I have seen in the fort wayne and surrounding areas. Good luck.

4. Noah_Seward

Noah_Seward Veteran Member

I've looked around, nothing in Northern IN, or here in central IN. I'm not sure about southern IN, but i doubt there are any.

I guess are best bets are trading with eachother, and finding cars that have been stuck in barns.

Thanks for the replys everybody!

If either of you are every looking for parts, my brother has a '78 t/a and i have an 80 camaro that we are always shedding parts off of. So if either of you need t/a or camaro parts. Send me a PM.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. mlsontag

mlsontag Veteran Member

Not much in my part of southern Indiana either.

6. 80WA7113

80WA7113 Veteran Member

Too bad you're not needing a 70-77 front fender, I have a brand new AMD LH fender that I don't need and I'm letting go cheap.

There's a yard in Greenfield Field's Auto that gets 2nd gens through occasionally. I've gotten lots of stuff from them in the past. They have a section on the east side of the yard dedicated to nothing but old iron...it's pretty cool to go out and just sniff around a little. Directions from I70 and St. Rd. 9 are: Take 9 N to Co. Rd. 600N, take 600N east to Fields. They're on the N side of 600N. I know they do have some 2nd gens out there, one complete white one as of last Oct. The others were pretty picked over.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. 1980 Camaro Berlinetta

1980 Camaro Berlinetta Veteran Member

Hey Noah there is a place on SR18 just east of SR1 called Houghs they have tons of late 2nd Gens! You should be able to find stuff there....seeing you have my old car! lol

8. 1980 Camaro Berlinetta

1980 Camaro Berlinetta Veteran Member

Also there is another yard over that way & a little north called B&K they have some older stuff too, never been there but I'm sure there are some late 2nd Gens there also.