Just a small heads up on carpet

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Scrappy1980, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Scrappy1980

Scrappy1980 Veteran Member

I ordered a new carpet kit from Auto Custom Carpet about six months ago. Never got around to installing it till just recently. The carpet came from Auto Custom Carpet. I took it out of the box to let it sit for a couple of days before I installed it. In the meantime, I threw away the box. Fast forward two more weeks when I finally decide to put the carpet in the car. I look at the front seat part of the carpet just what I ordered, the loop style carpet from the 70's. Then I look at the back seat carpet and it is the modern fuzzy type carpet. At least they are the same color.

So when you order carpet from Auto Custom Carpet open it right away and check it. I should have done that. Now I am stuck with this mismatched carpet. I have installed it for now and will try to find a new back seat carpet with the loop style and replace it at a later date.

Man, it really bugs me.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

My dad would order another set,switch the back piece for correct,then scream,yell,b#itch about it and return it for a refund "freight collect" refund and say he's never going to use them again LOL.I didn't inherit that gene but he gets a lot of things done by being difficult.I'd try at least giving them a call explain the situation truthfully,you'd be surprised how many places actually are receptive to our problems with their projects/parts install time-It couldn't hurt.
    I agree with you about checking EVERYTHING it must be my luck but it seems I'm always shorted on stuff,bought a can of rattlecan primer yesterday,got home no spray nozzle on it-REALLY??? LOL Later Steve!!

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

That is a good idea. Worth a shot at least.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. Scrappy1980

Scrappy1980 Veteran Member

So it just not me.....lol

hubedobeedo likes this.
  5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Lately I have gotten several spray bombs that have missing sprayers. I check at the store now. Plus when you get them home they spray for a second then clog. Clean the tip and still don't work. I have some that are really old 10 years plus that still spray.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I wish they could somehow start the warranty clock when I open the box to install an item.

I've been accumulating parts for a long time now for a car that is still years away from finish. All of the warranties will have long since expired. It's really a great business for the companies. I'm sure I'm not the exception on this.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  7. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yup, buy another and return that one for refund.

dcozzi and hubedobeedo like this.
  8. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

:D ^^ there's a way around it for ya!!

hubedobeedo likes this.
  9. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I bought 2 gfci outlets at HD last weekend. got home and found 2 used outlets!

10. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

been there done that