Just a small heads up on carpet

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Scrappy1980, Dec 2, 2019.

1. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

grrrrrr!

2. bullock

bullock New Member

i got the acc carpet and had it for a while before we needed it, when we took it from the box it had a tear in it. no box damage and original staples in it. ordered another one and hung it up to steam the creases out of it, its so thin in places the the light shines through it like cheescloth, just a poor quality product in my opinion. oh and we hung the first one and its the same, tear is on one of the lines of thin spots

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I guess I got lucky. My carpet kit set in the Box for 3 years before I put it in. Unfortunately I cut it wrong threw it away bought another carpet and put it in

4. NYLongshot

NYLongshot Member

I have a 78 LT and am looking for a new carpet. Of the manufactures that make molded replacement carpets who has the best quality? Also Id like it to be one continuous piece like the original and not split into front/back sections.

Thanx guys

5. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

ACC cutpile molded set is one piece for 1978. Also available in the more plush Essex but colors are much more limited compared to cutpile

6. NYLongshot

NYLongshot Member

Whats the difference between the Essex and cutpile? Originally it was cut pile no?

7. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Essex is thicker and more dense then cutpile. Change from loop to cutpile was after 1974. Go to the ACC website to view available colors in each type but base any decision on samples, not a computer monitor. You can order free samples through their website

8. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Stock Interiors sells ACC carpet and will send you free samples of the carpet, which can help with color matching. Check out their Mass Backing too, I am really happy with it

9. NYLongshot

NYLongshot Member

Is ACC the best place to get the carpet? Are there any alternatives? Id like to get the molded carpet but the reviews are certainly mixed..........

10. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

I open everything I buy right away...a lot of company's put disclaimers on their warranty products. Hotchkis is one, on the documentation it says you must register your product within 30 days for the warranty. Even more curious...is that the website registration doesnt work.