Just kill it already. NASCAR that is..

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevrolaine, May 14, 2018.

1. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Ratings down a 1/3 more again this year than last year, yet another series sponsor leaving (Monster), rumors that the France family has it on the market, it's just a train wreck looking for a time to happen. Sad really, they had a good thing going - 20-30 years ago.
    http://businessnc.com/can-brian-fra...il&utm_term=0_7ae5defd0d-476e97a7c8-122545233

Putting Brian France in the drivers seat was the death spell. Who didn't see that coming?:screwup:
    I mean, if it weren't for Danica, it woulda died years ago. :D:p:innocent:;):cool: #stirthepot
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...e-family-for-sale-reuters-20180508-story.html

Good Riddance.

3origZlovers likes this.
  2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

NASCAR needs to get back to when the "R" in NASCAR meant Racing?
    Today's version is just a 500 mile choreographed dance, no more interesting than ice skating or ballet. Apparently France likes that kind of entertainment, but the racing enthusiasts don't.
    I haven't watched it for years because they aren't racing anymore and I don't watch ballet either.

3. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

I say this all the time

but REAL racing is at your local dirt track....support it

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

The mentality of bringing Danica (politically correct thing to do - regardless of the lack of talent) into NASCAR was the problem, not a possible solution.

This was the harbinger of most of the rule changes that have not been good for the sport. Danica started racing in NASCAR in 2010. In 2011, 2016 and 2017 NASCAR changed the point system again and again and again...:mad:

5. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They're trying to do the same thing with Bubby Wallace as they did with Danica.

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

NASCAR bought ARCA. Are they going to ruin that too?

7. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

FWIW - Wallace actually earned his ride in Cup by having success driving in other NASCAR series. He has 12 wins, 37 top 5's and 88 top 10's in NASCAR - in the exact same time frame that Danica started in NASCAR (2010 - 2017). This season he already has 1 top 5 and 2 top 10's. He only has 16 Cup starts - so that degree of success is impressive.

Danica had 1 top 5 and 15 top 10's in NASCAR. This despite the fact that she always had a tier 1 ride. I don't know if Bubba ran Tier 1 rides in the lower NASCAR series, but he's currently running in a tier 2/3 ride in Cup and doing reasonably well.

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Especially wit all the "cookie cutter" cars The noses are just a little different,Almost as bad as NHRA Pro stock, Need to go back to the real stock bodies like the 1970`s early 80.os.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    budro6968 and 73Guy like this.
  9. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Yea, lets do it like the 70s. Stock bodies, stock engines and trannys. They would all be running 4 cylinder front wheel drive ricers. Today's cars just aren't stock car racing quality anymore.

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I was a fan of it in the 60's. I started to lose interest in the early 70's when they started going with race only machines and not "stock" cars. I helped out in the pits in '75 and we wore jeans and polyester bell bottoms rather than fire suits. All I did was hand tires and fuel cans over the wall. In the early 80's, the cars were production cars, at least the body's, and were heavily modified for safety. I don't mind a roll cage to protect the driver. When it's a race only chassis and the body is a shell, not even looking like a stock car, what's the point?

When I was in the pits at the only race I've ever been to, there was passing, driving ability and it was exciting. Does anybody even pass anymore if someone doesn't break down or hit the wall?