Just Maybe!!!!!

twestrup

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
St. George, Utah
Back in the day, I ordered a 1970 Camaro Z-28 from Ed Cordero Chevrolet in Pacifica California. I'm just wondering if it might still be out there. If I remember, I took delivery in May. The details that I remember, Automatic, Cortez Silver, Custom interior, standard front end, tinted glass, Am radio, sport mirrors, Console, z21 trim and power steering. The one thing that would stand out is I installed an aftermarket air conditioning unit, added a front spoiler and added the 3 piece rear spoiler. Would really like to see that it is still out there. The pictures shows that it was brand new, with registration in the front windshield. California Blue license plate 334 ATV
IMG_4125.JPG
IMG_4126.JPG

Last edited:

l16pilot

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
Hurlock, MD, USA
Very cool and sharp car. Great representation of the Van Nuys rear stripes stopping short of the rear glass and decklid emblem placing this likely as a pre-mid-June built car. You might have better luck if you can post the VIN. Good luck with the search!

twestrup

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
St. George, Utah
I was 20, never thought I would need to keep anything about the car. Drafted shortly after I got the car, sold for cheap and did my patriotic duty.

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Sad that you got drafted and couldn't keep the car. I hope you find the car and hope it is with an owner who loves it as much as you did.

My story was along the same lines. In late 1968, I put together an order for a new 1969 Z28. Before the order went in, I too got drafted and had to cancel the order. The car was never built. I got drafted into the Marines and went to Vietnam in mid-1969, but when I returned in mid-1970, I ordered a 1970 SS350 that I still own 50 years later.

twestrup

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
St. George, Utah
That was a horrible time back then. Getting drafted was a gut punch. Thank you for your service. Pretty awesome that you still have your original SS Camaro, would like to see pictures.

70 SS/L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2005
Rockford, MN
To bad you had to sell the car and cheap at that. Without Knowing the VIN there's no way to know if it's still around.

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Even with the VIN, you will have a difficult time. You could post the VIN here in the hopes that a member has the car today. Beyond that, only law enforcement is allowed to search vehicle records to locate a car, and they can do it only for official enforcement purposes, not to find out where the car is today.

Latest posts