Just pulled trigger on FiTech

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 408maro, Mar 6, 2016.

1. stoney2677

stoney2677 Veteran Member

The other thread on here said minus the hose, the tank with efi kit was only $100 more than the fcc. Some extra work but you get a new tank and avoid any issues with the fcc we've been hearing about.

2. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah, thats about what i come out with. Not a big deal since im needing a new tank anyway.

I would assume that getting a fi tank and avoiding the fcc, I would need a fuel pressure regulator somewhere, this FITech like about 58 psi..correct?

3. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

OK. She's all done. At least I hope.

I moved the fuel command center to the passenger firewall and routed the fuel pump across the inner fender then from the command center behind the engine to the efi.

I did a short test drive and so far overall alot more crisp and responsive but still need more self learning.

So far I do have a few things I am not so much a fan of.

The fuel hoses are really hard to get onto the fittings and I mean really hard. I also dislike how loud the fuel command center is. I can hear it in the car and is just loud. I'm considering a blanket almost like for nitrous due to how hot the command center gets. Even with it as far as way from the headers as I can get.

I will drive it around a few more days and hope it gets where it's meant to be before I know it
    [​IMG]

4. olds403

olds403 Member

Clean install. First time I have heard the Command Center is loud. I am planning to use rubber isolators

5. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Thank you. I haven't heard much either unless I did something wrong but don't think so

6. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

That looks much better as far as placement goes. It'll take a couple hundred miles of driving and trial and error to get the system truly happy if it's anything like the MSD Atomic.

What input do you have control over with the system? Mine allows me to control timing, pump squirt, "power valve enrichment", etc. and I'm glad it does. It certainly isn't perfect out of the box.

7. stoney2677

stoney2677 Veteran Member

Yeah that's weird, people say how quiet it is. I wonder if it's because it's on the FW. Glad it's working for ya, keep us updated...

8. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Thank you I honestly didn't mess with a lot. But just off top of my head you can control a whole bunch of things.

Timing can be controlled if I wish however I hooked it up to let my msd box do it

9. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

Sounds like a pretty good system. Try some rubber padding on the mounts for the command center. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Mine took a while to get right but it fires up every time and runs much better than I could have ever tuned a carb to run.

10. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

So far a improvement over the carb I'm sure it's going to be great over time