Keep Grass Clippings off the road

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, May 20, 2020.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I would have never thought somebody would have wiped out on landscape debris. I approach things with a basic respect to others around me and not making a mess somewhere that I do not own or, if I do , clean it up immediately. Blowing stuff out in the street and leaving it there it's just someone who's flat-out lazy and doesn't clean up after themselves. I would be embarrassed to do something like that and I think most people should be. Unfortunately there's a lot of people that just don't give a crap about anybody but themselves and eventually run into situations like this.

2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^Very well put :p !!!! Later Steve!!

3. biker

biker Veteran Member

Your house sucks....not. :)

sal70ss likes this.
  4. biker

biker Veteran Member

I feel bad for the guy on the bike, but you really have to be aware of any hazards out there when you ride a bike. Even a small amount of excess speed can be the diff between going down or just soiling your underwear and learning from an experience.
    I used to teach riding, and I always told people to think of the dumbest thing that can happen at any given moment, prepare for it and plan an escape route.
    And yes, the right amount of grass clippings or leaves can be like banana peels.
    I almost wiped out going down a hill into a town that was situated on a huge lake. It was shadfly season and the flies literally coated the highway. Sigh, more underwear gone. Had to stop and stay the night because the roads were so bad.

sal70ss likes this.
  5. Ricks72Z28

Ricks72Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I agree in theory and will start avoiding putting clippings on the street.... however I have inclined area and could be done with one pass mowing (60inch deck )into traffic that has a posted 30 mph that usually is exceeded by 15 mph.... I will not mow with my back to traffic which would throw the clippings back onto my property.

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I bought my first motorcycle from an old biker who told me to be afraid, just a little bit, of the bike. That way I would respect it. The minute you think you have it mastered is when it will reach around and bite you.