Kickdown switch wiring

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
There’s some info in this thread, for a 73.

Is it the same wiring for your 72?

slamin69

Veteran Member
Mar 6, 2016
langhorne pa
There’s some info in this thread, for a 73.

Is it the same wiring for your 72?

I have a 2 wire solenoid there’s a black and orange wire on it. I just find it strange that there’s no plugs for it. The wires that come from the trans go into the harness and go through the fire wall at the fuse box but I can’t see behind the box there doesn’t seem to be anyone that has a 1972 Z28 with an automatic trans that can help me.

rotinrob

Veteran Member
Oct 2, 2018
Would this help?

1660747890876.png

From Ground up Most cars with TH400s take a separate harness that runs from the switch at the gas pedal to the solenoid in the transmission. Recently re-wired mine in my Monte although I didn't hook it up inside the valve body (for looks only I want to control the downshift). Power to the switch comes from the dash harness if I remember correctly.

rotin

slamin69

Veteran Member
Mar 6, 2016
langhorne pa
Would this help?

View attachment 145983
From Ground up Most cars with TH400s take a separate harness that runs from the switch at the gas pedal to the solenoid in the transmission. Recently re-wired mine in my Monte although I didn't hook it up inside the valve body (for looks only I want to control the downshift). Power to the switch comes from the dash harness if I remember correctly.

rotin
Yeah but the 72 has the wiring in the harness that comes off behind the fuse block in the engine compartment. 72 is a strange car. I think it comes off the TCS on the fuse block. I had to order a complete wiring schematic cause nobody has any information on it

Latest posts