Kind of like finding out an old childhood friend is still around.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
So one of my best friends that was the second owner of the truck sent me this picture yesterday and a link to the ad on FB. I know to everyone but the two of us its just a ragged out old pickup but man it really made my day to know that the old girl is still kicking around.

Screenshot_20220331-202927_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220331-104517_Messages.jpg

So this truck was my first new truck that I bought at the age of 19. Custom ordered it as a matter of fact as it had every option you could put on a 1/2 ton in 01 except a sunroof. I drove it until July of 06 when I sold it off to my buddy with 130k on the clock at the time. He drove it for quite a few more years before selling it 7 or 8 years ago with 260k miles on it. We both agree it was the best truck either of us ever owned. I ran it hard and so did he but we also took care of it and maintained it well. Other than a water pump and two alternators the motor was untouched when he got rid of it. Truck now has just shy of 370k miles on it the ad.

At its prime in 03-04 pulling my ski boat
original_ecc86c7b-b064-4cae-96f9-64247dde4cdc_20220331_205448.jpg

When i sold it in 06
20220331_200804.jpg

No real point to this thread just thought I would share. I assumed it had long ago went to the scrap yard, put a smile on my face that its still alive.

Last edited:

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
That's cool that it is still running strong on the road! Definitely flies in the face of 'planned obsolescence' that most things seemed to be built to these days!

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
No rust? In Illinois? At that mileage that's incredible I think. Neat story!

RMTZ28

Veteran Member
Mar 29, 2015
Abq. nm
So one of my best friends that was the second owner of the truck sent me this yesterday sent me this picture yesterday and a link to the ad on FB. I know to everyone but the two of us its just a ragged out old pickup but man it really made my day to know that the old girl is still kicking around.

View attachment 137944 View attachment 137943

So this truck was my first new truck that I bought at the age of 19. Custom ordered it as a matter of fact as it had every option you could put on a 1/2 ton in 01 except a sunroof. I drove it until July of 06 when I sold it off to my buddy with 130k on the clock at the time. He drove it for quite a few more years before selling it 7 or 8 years ago with 260k miles on it. We both agree it was the best truck either of us ever owned. I ran it hard and so did he but we also took care of it and maintained it well. Other than a water pump and two alternators the motor was untouched when he got rid of it. Truck now has just shy of 370k miles on it the ad.

At its prime in 03-04 pulling my ski boat View attachment 137942
When i sold it in 06
View attachment 137941

No real point to this thread just thought I would share. I assumed it had long ago went to the scrap yard, put a smile on my face that its still alive.
Like a Rock.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
No rust? In Illinois? At that mileage that's incredible I think. Neat story!
There is rust but it is minimal for a midwest truck with that kind of age and mileage for sure. My buddy put the flares on before he sold it to hide the bubbling wheel wells on the bed and in the pics it looks like the rockers are shot and the passenger cab corner is gone. If it were rust free I would probably have bought it back to be honest.

Latest posts