KRABBEN1s 72 SS

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
And I've finally popped on my QA1s for the Camaro.I put them on my Chevelle last year and was instantly sorry it wasn't my first move.
Going to be a springtime install I think.
IMG_20220110_105404636.jpg

ChevyReb

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
SC
Doit! So what do you like about them? I have the red edelbrocks on mine and haven't even put sway bars in yet and my car rides good. I need another 3/16 rear tire backspace as I get slight rub on outside quarter lip on big dips in the road. Worse when there is a passenge. I should have rolled them with the 2" drop leafs.

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
My 67 Chevelle is tight and smooth after installing them.Those monster springs I cut to get my Camaro going are harsh,so,these should be great.

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
Well,I finally started the car up.Its been up on cribs for a few weeks.I re installed the rear sway bar,and put a new(same) exhaust system in.Fuel injection was running filthy rich too,lol.Exhaust leak on top of clamp,10 inches from the O2 sensor,so that's fixed too.
New shifter handle has to go back.Way too small.Cold here,so a good day.
IMG_20220116_152247822.jpg

[email protected]

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 27, 2016
NY
What lenght are you looking for, Long shifters has a few nice handles also, just remember, most were designed for short shift, and to achieve that, they move the shifter up higher on the transmission, which is why , you will find that many of them will be short

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
I think the total measurement on my hurst shifter is almost 12".Everything billet Ive seen tops out at 10,and is usually the T10 flavor,which would be no biggie on "O"ing out the bottom hole.
I like those billet designs,but I wouldnt want to go any shorter than what I have,so,either do without,or find someone that cuts them.But a one off is usually cost prohibitive.

JohnL71RS

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2010
Marrero, LA
Krabben,

It's been awhile since I've been on. Glad to see all is coming together. I too put a Sniper on. Nothing but issues. Except the IAC thing, did you have any other issues. Me, it wouldn't work with my Megajolt EDIS crank trigger iginition. (still trying to get right) Put in Distr/coil and wouldn't let me get out the neighborhood. I found a tech to write me a tune and he said i have too much RFI. Fighting that right now. Let me know any good tips.

Latest posts