KYB GR2 gas shocks SSM bars

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by newschool72, Nov 18, 2013.

1. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

I have for sale a set of KYB GR2 shocks. As far as I can tell these have been discontinued because the pt numbers are for a shock of a different name. I paid over 40.00 each for these and they have less than 500 miles on them. A very good road shock that dampened the Hotchkis TVS system on my car very well ( a setup known to bounce a lot with inferior shocks).
    The new shock under this part number is cheaper in price than the GR2, but I will go off that price anyway. I will let all 4 corners go for 65.00 + shipping. Im firm on this price and am loosing my butt on them at this price. Im changing out to a shock that leans more towards drag racing than road racing, or I would definitely keep them. here are a couple pics of the fronts. The rears are still on the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks like I may keep the rears, so 35 bucks for the fronts only.

Im also putting my SSM lift bars up for sale. They are in great shape and even have the original sticker on the side. Jegs sells these bars under their house brand for about 160 bucks. Buy these from me for 70.00 + shipping. They are still on the car, but I will be removing them in the next couple days. I will post up pics then, if they don't sell by that time. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. newschool72

Bump it up! These are a great shock at a great price. Any budget builds out there? Shocks aren't the glamor part of a build, but they can make or break the road feel of your car. These do a great job at controlling your springs. For day to day driving , you wont find a better deal.

3. newschool72

SSM bars and shocks need to go. Someone needs some good part at a great price. TTT

4. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what are ssm bars?

5. newschool72

They are a traction bar of sorts. But unlike a standard traction bar, they are mounted solid at the front and back. Think of it as a ladder bar for leaf springs. It basically turns the front half of the leaf spring into a solid piece . For a car that's set up for drag racing, mostly, its a nice addition to help traction. If the car is set up to corner as well, not the best choice , because they take some of the leaf springs ability to articulate away. They really stiffen the back of the car and corner well, until you break traction in the curve. Then the car will come around on you!:confused:

6. nobreaks254

nobreaks254 Veteran Member

Got any pics of the lift bars?

7. newschool72

Here are the pics of the SSM bars. I have the front clamps, but they are on the verge of stripping out. Jegs should have replacements, or you could just make a front clamp by getting a piece to flat stock and drill 2 holes and use bolts to secure it. You can see a couple holes drilled about 3-4" from the front. I did that so they would clear a rivet that holds the front of the Hotchkis springs together. It doesn't affect the strength of the bar and you cant see them when the bar is installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. newschool72

Happy Turkey Day! I have a buyer for all 4 shocks , but I need to sell the SSM bars before I will sell as a set. 60.00 + the ride for the bars.

9. newschool72

Bump. I need to move these things. Somebody needs great traction for cheap, don't they?

10. newschool72

I have a buyer for the shocks , but need to move the bars so I can afford the rear shocks I want.