KZ900 Really!!!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by larrylarry, Mar 8, 2017.

1. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Had one of these back in the day. If you had one you know how fast they were an how they didn't stop so well!!!! I was looking at some on line, cheapest one I saw was 9500.00 WOW then I saw this one 19,000.00. Fully restored. It to bad I didn't have the forsight to save it. I can't believe the price!!

Attached Files:

2. indy camaro

indy camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wow for sure ! I had a KZ 1000 near mint with a 6" extended chromoly swing arm, and a Vance & Hines sidewinder pipe. Sold it for $1500 about 15 years ago.

3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I had a black and gold 78 KZ1000. Bought brand new for 3k. Still kicking myself for trading it for a truck in 82. Loved that bike, quirks and all.

4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Had a Kaw H2 750 triple ring dinger death trap back in the day. Rode a friend's KZ1000 and that was a mind blower. All the power, smooth, really a nice sound. Then I got a Harley and everything else was history. But those Kawasakis were really something.

twozs and 70ZED like this.
  5. rockheadrocks

rockheadrocks Veteran Member

Sure, the KZ was awesome, but who remembers the Honda CBX? [​IMG]
    Now THAT's an old school muscle bike!!

The Chucker and Zstar like this.
  6. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

CBX's bring big money these days!

7. indy camaro

indy camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I work with a guy that has one of those. He asked a few years back if I'd like to ride it, I said NO thanks !

8. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

72 Z1 900 orange and black! One fast SOB! Sold it in 85 and went to Harley's. Never looked back.

9. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

I love the old school import bikes. I had a Yamaha XJ650 Seca Turbo years ago...it never did run right and nobody wanted to work on it-even the dealer. :( Traded it for a Fazer...nice bike!

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I had a 1980 KZ1000E years ago and it actually scared me. I'm not known for being afraid of equipment but the three guys who had it after me all agreed it was a scary bike. The 4th one extended the swing arm and went through the engine to make it a drag bike. turns out the engine was already bored out. I was leaning forward on it and it was bogging so I grabbed a handfull of throttle. when it caught, it came up on the back wheel with my fat butt leaning forward and in third gear.

I've currently got a 2003 ZG1000 Kawasaki Concours. The girlfriend wants to go riding and I no longer have the upper body strength to ride it with a passenger. This is my third Connie. My first one had 6000 miles when I got it and 110,000 when I sold it. SAM_0387.JPG

The Chucker likes this.