L78 Camaro Registry

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by THNDER, Jan 2, 2006.

1. THNDER

THNDER Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, all were to be black.

2. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

I have owned 2 1970 SS 396 Camaro's The first one was L-78 that I sold to chuck Sharin in 2001. And the second one is my present L-34. The L-78 was classic copper and the present one is Camaro gold. Both had black SS fender emblems. I think all or most Camaro SS cars had black SS emblems. By the way this tread started in 2006 with L-78 registry and information on these camaros, if chuck sharin is still still has not sent in info, I have info on the car when I owned it.
    John Gialanella jr.

3. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Im painting my sh*t green 70 black, does that count? :crazy:

4. Septur

Septur Member

Were you ever able to retrieve the files? I have replaced reg. hives numerous times as well as additional methods of raw data recovery. (Aprox. 20 years of experience) PM me if you still need a hand & I might be able to help.

5. Rand

Rand Veteran Member

Print out a extra one for you...and it looks like you need to update your tag line...LoL

How's the new 'baby' doing?

I still go for a ride sometimes...Hahhahhahaha

6. THNDER

THNDER Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Doing good Ed, how are you holding up? P.S. I love that car, I am so glad you sold it to me. One of the smartest things I've done.

7. Rand

Rand Veteran Member

I'm in good shape now, had a rough stretch after my July 10th operation, had pain, so got meds from my regular doc, but they must have interacted with my other stuff....took them friday night and don't remember waking up till monday!
    But finally got some meds that got rid of my nerve pain....just waiting for the other shoe to drop now...

LoL I love that car too, even when I saw it when the original owner had it at his parents house, before he was out of the service....his parents lived next to my sister & and brother in law....he said he had to show me something and took me over there and uncovered it. Really pretty brand new!

8. Septur

Septur Member

9. Rand

Rand Veteran Member

Well that car is basically the same as when I bought it, I just added the steel bell housing....(and after having a clutch blow I wouldn't go back to a stock one!). And these things run Sooo much better with header mufflers....and pulling up along side someone with them getting the full effect of the stock cam feels good...LoL
    Spent another weekend in hospital...seems like I can't just stay out of there...

CamaroSkulls.jpg

10. Septur

Septur Member

Another on eBay. Anyone know this one?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Chevr...ash=item3b1bcca13a:g:l6wAAOSw9wxbmqLA&vxp=mtr

List quote:
    “Factory L78 with build sheet, and Jerry MacNeish certificate. Van Nuys assembly plant. Only 600 Production. You, or your inspector can inspect this car by appointment only, and encouraged. Everything works as it should, it’s not a museum piece, but is a explicit car that you can drive to shows. The body, paint is one repaint, and differential is certified by Jerry. The motor, and transmission is VIN stamped, but Jerry has issues with it, but pass owner clams everything is original. This car is 48 years old, so there is some parts that are not factory. Less than 10 years ago it was restored from the ground up, including the motor. I won’t try to explain everything on this car, if your looking at it, than you know what it is. But please feel free to ask me anything.”

dBayListing.JPG