L92 Pullout or purchase whole vehicle?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by CaliCamaro75, Dec 8, 2019.

1. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Just trying to get an idea of which would be more worth it.

2008 Yukon
    110-120k approx
    2.5-3k pullout or whole car for 6.5-8k

Looking to see which would be more advantageous. I have the space and will have the time to sell individual parts.
    The pullouts I'm finding are just the engine and stuff. No ecu /harness or acc drive. Not sure which to look for. Just posting for advise. Located in SoCal.

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

Take the whole thing! If you have the room, you can take your time pulling it out at your place, then pick it over for parts you may need and sell the rest. If you have the cash. I'm sure you can recover close to the purchase price by selling off the rest of the Yukon if it is in decent shape.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Agree, that's really the decision point...Do you have the time/space/means to deal with the rest of the car. If you do, then buy it all...take what you need...sell the rest off or junk it.

However...Whats the condition of the vehicle? Is there a demand for the parts...Worst case you sell off only a few hundred bucks worth of stuff and stuck with the rest = waste of money.

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I disagree with the above. I don't think you'll make the $2.5-5K back in parts sales. You'll likely want to switch from the Gen 4 ecm/harness that Yukon has to the older Gen 3 stuff too. God knows I wish I would have. With the 2008 you'll have to decide how you want to deal with the displacement on demand engine issues.

5. CaliCamaro75

From the few I've seen and looked at the postings. They seem to be in good visual shape and interior looks good also. But those are in the pics they provide. I'll have to mill it over. It's hard telling the demand of the vehicle. I do live between SD and LA. An work out of SD.

I know there will be things I can't use. But I'm planning on do a 6sp. Not sure the accessories will clear or if I'll need to get a different acc package

6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ain't much out there where your at, at least not 10 years ago. I lived in Wildomar for 10ish years. Patience and looking every day to snag the deal when find it is the key I think.

I don't think there will be a lot of demand for the left over Tahoe/Yukon parts.

7. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

NO F'ING WAY will you make your $$$ selling parts

in your case just buy the motor

and damn CA is WAY different than here in PA...we can buy whole late 2000 trucks for a couple grand thanks to RUST

8. CaliCamaro75

Yea rust is a bust :crazy:. Thanks for y'all advise

9. dale68z

dale68z Veteran Member

I bought a 09 suburban w a 5.3 last week that just needed a trans. Clean truck with 171 k miles for $1000. Flipped it to a trans shop for $2k. We both win.

CaliCamaro75 likes this.
  10. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Might look around for a state vehicle auction. Lots of police Tahoes with problems for cheap, and some decent ones too. Usually under 100k miles and maintained decent. See these here in Ohio a couple times a year, some good deals to be had.