Matt69406

Mar 19, 2017
Can anyone tell me about the lower dash lap vents, particularly a 1970. What cars had them and what years are the same. They were missing in my car but I would like to find some and put them in when it goes back together. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
I have a pretty big assortment of lap vents, and there arent any differences that I have seen amongst any of them, other than the Driver and Passenger-side themselves being different.

As far as I know, the lap vents were an option for all years, from 70-81. That is a fairly safe assumption, since the lower dash itself is the same across all those years and has the mounting points for the lap vents for the Passenger side and the AC dash assembly has the mounting points for the Driver's side.

Matt69406

Mar 19, 2017
Okay, thanks. My car didn't have any lap vents in it but the duct work pieces have the provisions for the small flex hose that goes to them. I am thinking about putting them in. Do you, or anyone else here, have any you would sell?

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
I dont have any to sell, but you can try the Swap Meet section. They pop-up on Ebay from time to time. Dont be afraid if the tabs are broken - you can plastic weld new ABS plastic ones on really easily.

kidcamaro454

Jul 5, 2009
Aiken,SC.
Can anyone tell me about the lower dash lap vents, particularly a 1970. What cars had them and what years are the same. They were missing in my car but I would like to find some and put them in when it goes back together. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I have some lap vents.
Call me at 2035124040.