Last nights project.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Opened up this set of wheels hub bore for a friends son to go on his lifted Ram 2500. Fricking things are massive and just barely fit on my mill. I am pretty sure he said they were 20 x 14's.
20180815_200946.jpg

20180815_200951.jpg

sal70ss

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2003
Auburn NY
Nice work Matt. Those are indeed huge wheels, I see a few big trucks running around with extra wide wheels, not my kind look, but it seems to be the style

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
I agree Sal, not my cup of tea either but it seems to be what the young guys are doing these days. I guess that's just another sign I am getting old... LOL

Shizzle

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 2012
oak lawn, illinois
The roller skate look
It awesomely throws whatever road debris down the side of the truck and ruins wheel bearings at the same time.

Those look like a -50 offset.
I did a set of Hummer H2 rims and used a router with a laminate cutter in it, but it was just a 1/4” lip to take off.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
The roller skate look
It awesomely throws whatever road debris down the side of the truck and ruins wheel bearings at the same time.

Those look like a -50 offset.
I did a set of Hummer H2 rims and used a router with a laminate cutter in it, but it was just a 1/4” lip to take off.

Yeah the kids dad and I were both saying the exact same thing about bearings and road debris.

I didn't measure the offset on these but I would guess you to be in the ball park as there is a lot more to the outside than the inside, if anything it maybe more than -50. I cant imagine trying a router on these as I think they are close to 1 1/2 thick and I had to open the diameter up 3/16".

Mav, while agree it wont see the mud it wont be a mall crawler. This kid is country boy thru and thru.

71RSLS

Veteran Member
Dec 5, 2017
Prairie City, Ia
These really wide wheels and tires hanging clear out of the fenders is a new fad in the light truck world. I don't quite get it. In the end it's costing you big money when those tires throw all those rocks on your nice paint/body. Those are some high dollar wheels too. That stinks they didn't come with a large enough opening to start with.

Mike N

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
Spencerport, NY.
These really wide wheels and tires hanging clear out of the fenders is a new fad in the light truck world. I don't quite get it. In the end it's costing you big money when those tires throw all those rocks on your nice paint/body. Those are some high dollar wheels too. That stinks they didn't come with a large enough opening to start with.

It's nice to see lifted trucks making a come back...... I've been driving one since the 1980's.

Back then the cops gave us a hard time if we didn't have fender flares or mud flaps to cover the tires that stuck out..... I guess times really have changed.

Latest posts