Late 2nd or 4th Gen Seat Belts in a 71

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by CCorne1, Apr 6, 2007.

1. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

I recall stumbling across a post about a year ago where someone succesfully installed 4th gen belts in an early (70-73) 2nd gen but can't seem to find it. I like the aftermarket Morris kit, but can get late 2nd and/or 4th gen seat belts at a fraction of the cost...

What will I need to do to make late 2nd gen or 4th gen seat belts (front) work for my 71, or can you point me to an existing post? I know that the bolt holes in the early first gens won't line up, but with a little imagination and hard work anything can be done.

If I recall, the person that installed the 4th gen belts also installed the rears (3 point harnesses).

Pics would be great!!

2. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

bump :roadkill:

3. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

Can anyone post pics of how the seatbelts look in a 4th gen? I'm determined to make this work, and came across a set from a 93 Firebird for cheap. Seeing how they were originally installed would help a lot!

Anyone else do this swap, or consider it? I know 74 and up are easier to swap since they originally came equipped with retractables. I just want that same look/saftey in my 71 - front and rear 3pt harness..

Thanks!