Leaf spring set up questions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by J. Chris Davis, Oct 31, 2013.

1. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

no the Comp uses different springs as well

2. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

How do the comps work with the Hotchkis front springs? I know you said they go with the GT set up, but I wasn't sure about the comp set up. Also how are the comps for driving on the street? Are they pretty stiff compared to the GT set up?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

the Comps use the spherical bearing, this reduces bind so the leaf spring must be stiffer to compensate, so it will still ride well but it is able to handle more load, the comp leafs are only about 15% stiffer.

4. J. Chris Davis

So the Comp leafs like the GT leafs will work fine with the Hotchkis front springs I have?

5. J. Chris Davis

I think I'm going to do this. I have the Hotchkis new in the box and it looks like I can still return them for a full refund. I think I may do this and then just get the whole PTFB Comp set up with front coils. I think that's probably the wiser choice. Then I have all matching pieces. I will be ordering in about a month maybe two depending on holidays. I thank you all again for all of the information and especially Dave.