Left turn signal bulb instrument panel

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
can this indicator bulb be reached underneath back behind the cluster on my 74 camaro. It just stopped a few days ago. Im guessing it died . I have smaller hands and skinny long fingers. If i had a picture of the back of the panel , so. could know closer to what i ll be touching . Do they screw in , twist or what? Any pictures of the back would be helpful. I ve never taken the dash out , on my 74 vette i can reach up behind and change them. But the camaro panel looks cheap,and fragile and im half way scard to touch it , it might fall to pieces. ...LOL

TommyRS70

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2004
KY
The bulb and the socket rotates out from the housing and printed circuit. I think you should be able to reach it but will be tight.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Thanks . I got it ....it wasn't too bad . But now i discovered my speedo lamp is out now too. ...

is the speedo lamp socket dead center behind the face ?. I could not seem to locate it ....? or is it a different type of lamp configuration? I wish i could see what that panel looks like from the back , im working blind and no never seen the back of one of these panels.

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
gaugeclusterback.jpg

The back ground lights are the ones marked with the yellow lines in the pic.
Speedometer is on the right side of the pic.
There's one bulb on either side of the speedometer.