LEFT VENT CONTROL DOES NOT WORK

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER, Oct 15, 2020.

1. JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER

JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER Member

Hi. I have a 1971 Z28 Rally Sport and my passenger upper vent control does not work. The knob slides in and out but the flapper does not move. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and stay safe.

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Pretty simple system, knob + cable + f;apper door. Easy to pull the pass side kick panel, door sill plate comes off, then a bunch of phillips head screws hold the kick panel to the car body. It will be a little hard to pull, they use a putty to seal the duct to the car, just pull and wiggle a bit. Pretty sure repros available or buy used on ebay if the cable is broken. Could be attachment point where cable is connected to door. You won't know till you pull it apart.

3. JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER

JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER Member

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it. take care and stay safe.

4. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

Passenger side fairly easy....driver side pain in butt. Emergency brake lever needs removed. Both have plenum sealant that needs persuasion to pull the kick panel out of chamber. Simple mechanism once exposed. Good luck on you journey!