Legacy '76 camaro budget restoration

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Nasty76, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Nasty76

Nasty76 New Member

That may be the best thing afterall. Isn't that very hard to change? Does it have spot welds or just plain seam? You know, that is the best part of the thing that you would be surprised that other side is very good condition (at least for outside) Haven't stripped it but it look very solid stuff. I think what here is that previous owner just did bad repair for starting rust and after couple decades it has rusted peacefully under sealing and this is the result.:rolleyes:

2. TX79Z28

TX79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Someone can jump in, but if it was my car I would do spot welds closer and closer until I had a continuous weld. I'm not good enough with thin metal (the body part, not the frame) to do a continuous weld, but would do it with the method I mentioned. I would replace the other one. It MAY look ok, but why take the chance?

3. Nasty76

Nasty76 New Member

I meant the old one, is it spot welded or seam welded? I wouln't like to take a chance but I don't have garage to do this job, just public parking area so that would be first hard to do and second may be against the rules so just the (hate to say) temporary fix.

4. Nasty76

Nasty76 New Member

Thanks, I hope those give me some tips.