"Legalizing" the 73Z for the Road

Discussion in 'The Great State of Texas!' started by BillyDean7173, Dec 18, 2020.

1. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Beautiful car. I love that color

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Absolutely beautiful Billy

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In Ontario Canada, if you have Historic plates the yearly sticker is about $18. If you get caught on a 400 highway then you will receive a hefty fine and probably a confiscated plate. The car can only be driven to and from car shows and probably cruise in’s.
    Someone else told me that the Cops watch for these plates on the highways cause they know some drivers are taking advantage of the cheaper yearly tag.
    22867D88-BB4A-4A50-B449-58B021C940F9.png

4. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

Never heard that one before. I have Ontario historic plates on my Camaro. I have driven on highway 401, 400 and 407. Never an issue. I don’t abuse the plates by driving thousands of miles a year. Collector car insurance will have enough restrictions on it as much as the plates. Eg. can’t drive car to work, can’t drive car to the mall.

5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is great information. When I get my 71 on the road, I plan on using it as a daily driver so the antique classification is out for me but if I can register it as a classic to use the YOM plates I have and still driver it on a regular basis, I am good with that, even if I do have to get an annual 'inspection' done on it.

BillyDean7173 and berg2695 like this.
  6. Bentley

Bentley Veteran Member

If you read the Oregon laws on historic plates AND when I purchased them in 2007 for my dodge, even the "worker" at DMV tried to talk me out of them, its a HUGE loss of income to the state.. Oregon was ( not sure anymore) a ONE time buy of $82 for the life of the licensing and NO requirement of a front plate either....
    If you are going to a car "function", say a meet at the ice cream parlor, you can take ANY road or route you want to, even if you circumnavigate the country... DSCF0376.JPG

7. speed_m5

speed_m5 Veteran Member

Hell every time I drive mine and stop somewhere its a car show LOL