Legendary Interiors

Allison Winn

Veteran Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wish I had that option. But my cloth interior is the black over black Salt and Pepper fabric - they had the white/black but not the black/black

Allison Winn

Veteran Member
Jan 10, 2021
8-11 update and it is getting worse
So my order needs 4 yards of fabric, I call SMS and again no problem, quoted me $565 shipped and goes out tomorrow if needed.
I reach back out to Legendary to give them the good news and I am told they won't reimburse me the $565, even though I already paid for the fabric a year ago when I placed the order.
They don't seem to understand (or want to) that the fabric is included in their price..... NOT HAPPY that this is so f*&^ing hard

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
So my order needs 4 yards of fabric, I call SMS and again no problem, quoted me $565 shipped and goes out tomorrow if needed.
I reach back out to Legendary to give them the good news and I am told they won't reimburse me the $565, even though I already paid for the fabric a year ago when I placed the order.
They don't seem to understand (or want to) that the fabric is included in their price..... NOT HAPPY that this is so f*&^ing hard
Could be that they don't want to reveal, or lose the raw material markup.

DougD

Veteran Member
Dec 2, 2014
Bradenton, FL

If you paid with a credit card, dispute it and let them address getting your money back.

ZsZs

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2017
Allison,
Did you order directly with legendary or go through another vender? If you went with a vender they would have no record of you being on the order and only showing the covers shipping destination. I got my covers through Chuck and didn't have any problems other than a little late on ETA but only a couple weeks. I called them and it was hard to get any info on the my order. I would be very frustrated Also.

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
I really feel for you guys that are in the middle of a project and have to deal with all this backorder bullsh*t. I can't imagine your frustration. Makes me frustrated just reading about it. No thanks to Covid for the supply/demand and labor shortage issues, but this must be the worst time to restore a car. I'm scared to even start on my 71. I guess the only saving grace there is it will be a long term project. Seems if you can't find it as OEM, you could very well be SOL. Cost increases and sales tax aren't helping the hobby either right now.

clm69z28

Veteran Member
Oct 29, 2011
encinitas ca
I had a similar experience with SMS and Legendary a few years back. Ordered the "NOS" black comfortweave material for my '69 Z from SMS. I was going to have some new seat bottoms done and a repair to one of the inserts on the rear seat upright portion. I talked with Legendary about my needs and that I was sourcing the material from SMS, and could I have it shipped to them directly. They kindly told me to ship it to me first, then send it on to them. I thought this was an unnecessary step, but low and behold they were right. The "NOS" comfortweave was not even close to the original material, and to make matters even worse, the material had a bad color change right through the middle of the bolt. This led to a six month ordeal with SMS trying to get the real material, and then realizing that wasn't going to happen, fighting to get my money back. Needless to say, I have nothing good to say about SMS, and nothing but good things to say about Legendary.

So, I think you might want to dig a little deeper with SMS. I have always found Ron Halbritter at Legendary to be a stand up guy and he helped me put the interior pieces I needed with some real NOS fabric that I found, and they looked great. I also did a complete Chevelle convertible interior with Legendary and it also was good stuff.

SMS Fabrics Image 2544.jpg
-1508296744_20181012_120016_resized_278859.jpg