Let’s complain about winter…

Status
Not open for further replies.

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
Holy ford it’s still snowing out. Will winter ever end. The salt trucks come out like we’re getting five feet of snow. It all melts on contact but they out like they saving lives but wasting my tax dollars. And rusting up my cars, and I can’t drive my ride yet, this is getting annoying. Rains like a mofo,70 degree out, streets clean and then snows again, I hate April!!!Seriously, Buffalo has cold from about late August all the way to mid May. It snowed last year May 9th. Idk why I live here, my days are numbered for New York.

danbrennan

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 1999
Brighton, MI
A friend at work is from Buffalo, yeah, the snow there is legendary. He's got a 1970 396 SS Camaro in pieces, with a bunch of rust, that he plans on restoring when he retires.

Ground is clear here now. We occasionally get April snow storms, but it's pretty rare. We've had snow in May, and even once I recall in early June, but it was just dustings.

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Thing that pisses me off is the weekends are crap here. Can't drive anything during the week, my foot's nailed to the floor at the shop and we're really busy. Couple weeks ago it was in the 70's mid-week, then 3 days of snow for the weekend. All the cruises were canceled for crap weather, rain or snow. I just want to take a car for a ride.
Yesterday was beautiful, but windy. Moved cars around the shop, took cover off the 77Z, got a phone call. Customer was at a park with GF, tree fell on his brand new Jeep. He asked if I could look at it. So I was waiting for him. Two hours later I called him to see where he was, he sez 2 more trees came down. Another one hit the Jeep, the other fell across the only exit to the grove he was in and couldn't leave the park. Thanks for the heads up.

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
The wind was crazy last few days, I’m working on I-90 right next to Lake Erie, it really whips up, I sat in truck it was blowing rocks and people just won’t slow down in construction zones….another rant…..

77thor

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 22, 2002
Milwaukee, WI USA
We can't complain here(SE Wisconsin)... I've only used my snowblower one time all season.
The weather media said we were in a "snow drought".

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
My hometown of Calgary has had snow every month of the year! It doesn't happen every year but it does happen!!

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
No reason to complain. We got 18" of snow from a blizzard from Tuesday to Thursday. Now, all those snow piles are holding the temperature down. This morning we set a new low record temperature of 1 degree. There has never been this cold a temperature recorded this late in the year before. High temps have been around 20 so this snow isn't going anywhere soon. Next week we are supposed to get above 32 to start it melting. Look at my pictures and you see you have nothing to complain about.
after1.JPG

after2.JPG

after3.JPG

after4.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.