Let’s complain about winter…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Holy crap , I mowed the yard today , all the dogwoods and azalea have bloomed ….🥶

put the winter car , my Camaro away , and got out the convertible yesterday . Saw several girls were walking to beach in swim suits as I was biking .

im Looking at my wife and asking her why are we heading north to Michigan in a few weeks to vacation , smh …..I want to go to Key West not Canada ..lol

im just along for the ride in life ….lol

Last edited:

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Not nearly as bad as Gary, but we have more snow this year than last. Lakes are still 100% frozen when they were mostly open last year.

I remember the ice issue because last year at this time, I was riding my seadoo across the lake to my cottage when it quit, which was mildly annoying until it started to take on water and roll which then became worse than annoying. Sons girlfriend and our little dog were on behind me, so I jumped off and was able to stabilize the seadoo with just them on it.
Long story short, got plucked out an hour later, spent 3 hours in the hospital warming up from hypothermia, and another 2 weeks repairing the seadoo.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Not nearly as bad as Gary, but we have more snow this year than last. Lakes are still 100% frozen when they were mostly open last year.

I remember the ice issue because last year at this time, I was riding my seadoo across the lake to my cottage when it quit, which was mildly annoying until it started to take on water and roll which then became worse than annoying. Sons girlfriend and our little dog were on behind me, so I jumped off and was able to stabilize the seadoo with just them on it.
Long story short, got plucked out an hour later, spent 3 hours in the hospital warming up from hypothermia, and another 2 weeks repairing the seadoo.
It’s been maybe 35 years ago I was at the bosses lake home , he offered us his little water craft to ride . We had life preservers. He keep bugging me , go ahead USE IT , it’s fun rise around the lake , I said what if it sinks , there were no cell phones back then. He laughed, oh no worries it’s unsinkable …..yep ok. i got on rode 1/2 hr and like mile away I’m standing on the back of it , my head barely out of the water . It sank . Some people came by on their boat and took me back to his dock without his unsinkable watercraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.