Let’s complain about winter…

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
Lived in Syracuse and Utica. Moved to Florida in 2013. Glad to be back to upstate NY. Snow or a hurricane? Ain't got to worry about the devastation a hurricane can cause up here. A little snow here, a little snow there. No biggie. This was my neighbor after the 4th day of a blizzard, it lasted two more.

272645988_5570759496274050_3186064525829922355_n.jpg

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
Good Lord. I'd be in a deep depression with that much Winter. Here in GA, we get our cold snaps and occasional winter weather, but I never have to officially "put my Camaro up" for Winter. I drive mine a few times a month through the Winter.

Hell, I took the cover off the pool past weekend, got it clean and clear...the kids are in it today. The water is still too cold for ME (and most adults), but kids seem to be fairly tolerant of it.

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
Good Lord. I'd be in a deep depression with that much Winter. Here in GA, we get our cold snaps and occasional winter weather, but I never have to officially "put my Camaro up" for Winter. I drive mine a few times a month through the Winter.

Hell, I took the cover off the pool past weekend, got it clean and clear...the kids are in it today. The water is still too cold for ME (and most adults), but kids seem to be fairly tolerant of it.
My sis lives in Flowery Branch. In "your neck of the woods, late November until beginning of March is similar to what we have up here. We do get more snow and its colder but its really not relevant. For example, I went down from December 23th to the 28th. No one really wanted to go out because it was too cold. The average temp was around freezing. I left on the 28th. Two days later - tornado. Today, we have bikers riding all over the place. Its 60 F and beautiful!

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Heavy frost with the sun shining here in So. Ohio this morning. Perfect weather in my book.

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
If you don't know how to enjoy the winter, of course you'll be in deep depression.

But if you embrace winter and all it has to offer, it can be a very uplifting experience, not a cause for depression.
Which is why suicide is extremely higher in Alaska, Montana and Wyoming than anywhere else in the country. What else do these places have in common? Hmmm...oh I know, ridiculously long winters.

The record though...my comment about depression was sarcasm, which you are known here to not have much of a nose for.

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
Which is why suicide is extremely higher in Alaska, Montana and Wyoming than anywhere else in the country. What else do these places have in common? Hmmm...oh I know, ridiculously long winters.

The record though...my comment about depression was sarcasm, which you are known here to not have much of a nose for.
Those figures are based on per capita. Just look at the overall for each state. Jeez, I think California ranks up there amongst the highest on the overall number of suicides. Lets see, Californias population is 39 million. Approximately 10.6 suicides take place for every 100,000 people. Easy to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.