Lets talk Can-Am ATV's

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Rick WI, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

Just bought a 2010 Outlander 800R. Did a ton of research and that's what I wanted, so I pulled the trigger. Anyone on the board have one, in any size of that model to share some tips or nice things to "know". It's the XT so basically has all the doo dads I was looking for and didn't see the need to go the P or LTD route.

Pick it up on Friday night so out to the trails Sat morning.

2. kawman14733

kawman14733 Member

nice machine my buddy has one he loves it beats the snot out of it. and its never broke anything but outer drive knuckels and shafts .. there tuff and fast. i got a big bore brute force with gorilla silverbacks on it we play all the time .amazing how fast these machines are compaired to 10 years ago. have fun be safe

3. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

I seriously considered the BF, was a strong second choice expecially given the better pricing Vs Can-Am. Dealer considerations though won out and I had to go with a place I knew for certain would be around. The dealer I went to has been around for 40 years and gave me the best pricing.

I suspect I won't beg for more power. Thought about the 650 but for a few extra bucks just bit the bullet on the big bore.

4. kawman14733

kawman14733 Member

id say the can am is the top 4x4 i like the suspention but the rotex turned me off not that the kaw v is any better i kinda like the grizzly motor of all. iv never heard ov any problems with the rotex in the can ams but i think ski doo sleds are junk ii dont now anybody that can keep one together the way we ride. here is a pic ov my brute force with a 900 kit becouse it blew up:confused: [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

ov is really "of". They look like fun though. I'd like to get out in the boonies someplace and get some four wheelers for the family. It would be a blast.

6. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

That's awesome. I think I really need to try an avoid the aftermarket bug! That's all I need is a 100 HP Quad. Ill keep telling myself that and hopefully it sticks.

I didn't find anything leading me to believe the engine should be an issue. The Griz was one of the first big bores I looked at but I am a speed junkie and like high tech engineering...and the twin bug just kept tugging on me.

If I were rational on this I would have done the Griz. If I were reasonable I'd have never enjoyed a GSX-R 1000 either! Life is too short!

7. kawman14733

kawman14733 Member

they are a blast. my wife loves riding on trail rides and my kids love em, mines for sale, im gonna get another stock one and leave it alone .plow the driveway. haul a wagon .ride the family around normally .im getting to old .everthing i got i gotta mess with it.need to chill out and enjoy things how the were ment to be.:confused:

8. kawman14733

kawman14733 Member

id leave it alone too.put a good tire on and your set,, they come bad to the bone stock.you mess with em and you gotta mess with some thing else and it just goes on and on.

9. foxracer6565

foxracer6565 Member

watch out for trees lol. i have a buddy thats has a can am 800 we where riding. and he slid into a tree. not to hard. but it bent his whole frame. could even drive it. thats the only watch out

10. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

Tree Vs Quad. Hopefully better than dirt bike Vs tree. I know what that feels like.