Let's talk mounts for a 68 camaro

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
So, I came across the dirty dingo and holley mounts that I am interested in.
My concerns:
I want to keep the th350 right where it currently is as if I slide it forward I am concerned with the driveshaft length being compromised(new aluminum driveshaft)

What is everyone using? I do like the holley mounts, but I want to essentially bolt it in without moving the transmission forward or rearward. I am okay with changing to the later style mounts as long as it doesn't excessively change where the bell housing lands so I can bolt the transmission up without any issues.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
When we did a LS swap on my buddies 71 Nova he had a problem with the either the steering/pitman arm or the drag link hitting a 2002 Fbody oil pan. Had to get different steering/pitman arms to make it fit. Nova's and Camaro of that era are the same front end wise. Just FYI.

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
When we did a LS swap on my buddies 71 Nova he had a problem with the either the steering/pitman arm or the drag link hitting a 2002 Fbody oil pan. Had to get different steering/pitman arms to make it fit. Nova's and Camaro of that era are the same front end wise. Just FYI.
I will be using a holley pan(302-2 or 3). The F-body pan is known to hit the steering parts.

Latest posts