Light under hood

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by GPN, Aug 10, 2020.

1. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Never had on my 1979 Was able to get part easily enough. Can anyone tell me, show me, or send a picture to proper wire routing....

2. PThomas

PThomas New Member

It's supposed to plug into the fuseblock on your firewall behind the distributor. Since I didn't have the connector needed, I just ran it straight to the battery. It turns on and off due to the position it's in.

3. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Thank you

4. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

Fuse box behind distributor?

5. Camaro Tim01

Camaro Tim01 Veteran Member

on your firewall, around your distributor there should be a connector that it plugs into that's free in the harness that runs along there
    If it is not there you will have to either find the harness and install or run a wire from your bat to feed the light
    I'm not sure if that was an option that if selected when built got it put in the harness or had a different harness installed with it or everyone had it and only if you had the light it was used.... I doubt they would do a brand new harness for such a small thing so probably everyone has it....over the years it may have been cut/ removed or plugged into for another use

6. Camaro Tim01

Camaro Tim01 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

Will look something like that, I dont think thats it because the gauge of the wire seems too thick for just a light but should look similar, wire with connector on the end by firewall around distributor.... if you have an OEM light with the wire, your connector should plug and fit directly to the one on the firewall

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  7. GPN

GPN Veteran Member

You were all right-thank you-found it tucked behind distributor—see pic—black wire

Attached Files: