Lincoln Strip

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by 80'427, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

Any body hear any more about a strip at Lincoln? I heard 2 years ago they did a sound test at the airport but the FAA put a end to that. Still a little bit a way from the BBC for my 80 but still strip hungry. Been to scribner lots of times on friday nite but get home a 3am make for a long next day. Just finishing a 383 LT1 95 Z for a buddy, need to brake it in right.

2. Eliminator SS

Eliminator SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yea, I'm friends with Greg Sandford (dont know if I spelled that last name right) and I know a little something about him buying a bunch of land near north 27th and I80.

And it was not the FAA that stopped him from building out at the air base. It was the AirPort athuority. You know, the bunch of OLD people that had the airport given to them by the Air Force. After he finnaly got them to agree to putting the track out there, as long as the cars ran mufflers, they wanted to charge him $2,500,000 per year in rent. He basically said F#ck you and started to look for a new place.

I think they even had something about him building out there (N27th) in the Journal Star last week.

3. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I don't get the paper (too cheap) but I heard about there being some sturing about a new strip. That would be cool. The biggest reason we don't go to the nebraska motorplex is cause it is so far. I have buddy with a 64 dodge and another with a 68 chevelle ss396 both in the mid to low 12 on the engines (not to tough but OK). We still end up going about 3 or 4 time a year.

4. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Yeah, a strip near Lincoln would be sweet. The drive out to scribner sucks! And if it could have a paved road into the pits would be even better!

5. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

just get there REAL early and you can be on the pavement a scribner. Usually get a spot under a light.

6. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Yeah true, though I am talking about the entrance road where you come off the highway. That's a long gravel road that I wouldn't want to take a decently nice paint job down. Not everyone's fortunate enough to have a trailor! [​IMG]

7. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

Well my paint if FAR from perfect. It is original black that someone buffed through. It looks good where they didn't mess it up but still needs paint someday. Anyway it will never be perfect cause I don't want to have to worry about it when I lean over the fenders. Besides Strip cars don't need pretty paint to look cool. If you ever go to a big meet most cars look bad (compared to show cars) up close. I don't have a trailer but borrow one since with 4.11s and 12 to 1 it would be a long drive. Plus if I brake 3 hours from home is to far to worry. Used to do it when I was a SCC Milford.

8. ronjr@ronsraceshop.com

[email protected] Member

theres a couple guys over on www.gmmodernmuscle.com that knows the scoop. i heard the tow bill to omaha is insane. after the snow lifts i'll be sure to trailer the camaro out just in case

9. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

Ya and Omaha is closer. I have a bit more to complete on mine and my budget will have to wait till it is a little bigger. Will still go with buddies but wait till the new motor with my current car. Sold all my SBC parts and the stock 350s 15sec ets are to slow. Lauches hard though with 4500 launch of the 4 speed.

10. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Hmmmm, I had no idea this was Ron 00Z, supreme trash talker of OR over here. [​IMG]

Yeah, I've heard the tow bill sucks a big one. I will also tow mine when I go out there too. My paint is also far from perfect, but I don't need any more spot for rust to try and take over!