LMAO... prayers for dumb decision....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Earlsfat, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL... I told my son to refer to my as "Otzi" but he didn't get the reference. Then I said... "if i get hurt, bury me in the snow like the mummy guy"... took him a minute but then he nearly pee'd his pants laughing.

2. Earlsfat

If there was only a way to drink beer from the tent with you guys AND watch myself mop the mountain up with my azz....lol.

3. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

ohhh jim.... thats what friends with video recorders and youtube is for. muahahahahahahahah

4. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

something like blowing out a hornets nest with compressed air...lol:innocent:

5. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

JimEarl of the north...

[youtube]mxAceec8DxI[/youtube]

6. Earlsfat

Haaaaahahahahaaaaaa... I should get my son a go-pro and make sure he follows me down on every run.

[​IMG]

7. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Veteran Member

I have been skiing for many years, I'm pretty decent at it. Tried snowboarding once many years ago and somehow fell in a way that the snowboard flung up [still attached to me] and hit me in the head above the ear. It was a bad cut and I ended up having to get it stitched by the ER at the bottom of the mountain.

I stick to skis these days

8. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

hahah.... yrs ago i took my NOW wife to WINTERPLACE West VA for valentines day ... (many yrs ago..ie 17yrs ..) she had never skiied. I learned about 10 yr before then... (in BOONE NC ... unfortunately i had some memory issues due to the MUNCHIES created from our personal .... pain relievers)
    any who... I talked her into going up to the MEDIUM slope... after our 2 hr class of how NOT TO DIE ON SKIIES! ... She fell... hurt her shoulder... (circa 1999) still hear it today... SOOOOO
    Hope your place has a hot tub and adult drinks! (like our is in TELLURIDE .. February... ;))

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Absolutely...

I used to race (cross country skiing) back in the day. Four years of being on skis 7 days a week all winter long. Monday - Friday I was training for the Saturday race.

Sunday was my day off from cross country skiing, so I went downhill skiing.

Even as an accomplished skier, it's not a question of "if" you will fall, but "when" you will fall. Once you know you are going to fall, the best thing to do is to fall.

I was skiing the moguls one time and lost one ski as I jumped a mogul. As mentioned earlier in the thread I just made a point to fall back into the hill and crash and burn.

The two girls I was skiing with told me I put on a pretty good show as I went down and slid about another 100 feet (it was of course on one of the steepest sections).

We all laughed and went back up to make another run!!!

10. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

A non-intuitive thing about snowboarding is to lean forward when you're carving. Especially when you really want to slow down. Get all your weight on that front foot, it'll let you carve super hard and bury the edge to slow down ! Have fun !