LMAO... prayers for dumb decision....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Earlsfat, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So.... we went. I bought a go-pro... and apparently am too technologically deficient to work a piece of hardware with one f***ing button. :mad:

To make matters worse... my son decided to try out his acting abilities since he had control of the camera and there is some REALLY bad, albeit funny, Call of Duty type "narrating" ..... aaaaand one spot where he goes... "Where the F*** is dad?" which my wife heard and flipped out on me for.. like i told him to say it! :screwup:

It's a shame because I had some REALLY good falls on the first day that were just totally not recorded. I'm not sure if a chiropractor would have winced or giggled at the noises my body made, but I pulled my stomach and chest muscles on the first fall and it went downhill from there.... I'm pretty sure a few people on the lift about pi**ed themselves laughing. On the second day the video is fish eyed so you can barely see anything.

Killington was cool... colder than hell, and on the second day we cut the trip a little short because the wind was so fierce that it actually slowed us down to a stop on quite a few runs, lol.

We're supposed to get a big storm this Friday, so I might try and take him to the Poconos this Sunday... and if this stupid go-pro doesn't work then, I'm going to break something big and cheap, lol.

It was a fun trip, but I knew I was in trouble on the very first run right after we got off the lift, when I went to buckle my right foot in and almost passed out from my stomach pushing against my diaphragm. I mean... REALLY almost passed out, lol. Holy crap I suck. Oh and a question for you experienced snowboarders... how do you stop your quads and the arches of your feet from hurting? It was like some kind of ancient torture... either my quads / thighs hurt or my feet felt like they were going to explode. I've never experienced that at the Poconos, and I think the hills at Killington are generously under scored... IE their green trails are like the Poconos blue trails. Not sure if that's what was going on or what. Anyway... I realized that I am so out of shape that I could quite possibly qualify as dead when measured against certain scales.

Anyway... here are cell phone shots and a clip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the best part of skiing:
    [​IMG]

2. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

glad you had fun man, and i dont think i could be mad at the kid for that.

3. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL... I wasn't mad, but my wife sure was. I asked him if he forgot that the camera was on... I said... you do know that it records what you say right? He started crying.. I told him this isn't "a Christmas Story"... next time turn the camera off before you slip, lol.

4. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I miss being able to ski every weekend like I did growing up, had lots and lots of fun, also lots and lots of wipeouts! At least once a year I would have a really spectacular wipeout, even got an ovation from all the people on the chairlift I wiped out under once! One year when I had my big wipeout, I was using a pair of skis I'd borrowed from my brother who lived about 1900 miles away at that point. Needless to say, the binds were set for his boots which were a bit smaller than mine. I was able to get my boots in them but the quick release feature for when you wipe out wasn't working so well. Ended up breaking one of the skis, everything below the topsheet from just behind the bindings came off. I looked at it for a moment, said 'F**k it' and kept on skiing. Having no edges on one of the skis from behind the binding made carving turns a little interesting but I kept going until the mountain closed for the day.

5. BMR Suspension

BMR Suspension Veteran Member

You can do all sort of creative editing with a Go-Pro. The Go-Pro site has tutorials and there is a whole Forum dedicated