Local hardware store closing next year

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Aug 8, 2021.

1. aviator2007

aviator2007 Member

I hate to hear this I really dislike the large box stores, no knowledge, hit or miss if they will have what you need and no atmosphere. I try hard to buy Made in America as well and will pay the little bit more the items seem to last so much longer. I call it value for the dollar.

carr911 and Zstar like this.
  2. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

there's a smallish hardware store near my parents house

everything in there is exactly TWICE as expensive as Home Depot or Lowes....the way they stock their shelves seems to be going to Home Depot, buying inventory & just doubling the price

it's worth the 10 minute drive to Home Depot to just buy stuff there...cut out the middle man

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am a frequent buyer at our local ACE store. :D I have no issue spending money for what I need. The service is AWESOME...on a bad day and FREAKING awesome any other time. It's the little stuff that makes it happen :)
    The guy stayed open an extra 15 min to prep up a chainsaw for me (didn't HAVE TO...but did) I kinda have a running thing with the young men in there!!! I have stumped them maybe a couple of times at most...looking for very specific hardware (yeah...I'm THAT GUY) So I don't mind paying $3 for a couple #8-32 stainless button head screws....because THEY HAVE IT...in my hand...DONE.

[email protected], tom3 and Zstar like this.
  4. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

No more Hardware stores around my primary home. Its just a trip to Cheapo Depot these days, which is actually fun to get to via the fairly newly paved twisty turny backroads. The hardware store is now a big craft store. yippee.
    Up at my place in N PA, there is the nicest family run hardware store that has lots crammed into the store, and some decent lumber out back. Prices arent bad, and its 4 miles from my house, VS cheapo Depot which is probably 20 miles. Only downside is, they are closed on Sundays, but anyways i always try to plan ahead when i'm heading up there with projects in mind. i keep hearing a rumor they want to sell.