Locked my keys in truck!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ctchap70, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

:whine: 2009 Silverado and I am not a onstar subscriber. Any of yall know any tricks besides breaking out a window? I will probably call the cops or a locksmith tomorrow unless yall know a trick. Its under my carport thankfully and not in town.

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I would call a locksmith and then keep a spare key in you wallet.

3. 3504SPD

3504SPD Veteran Member

Call AAA. I've done it twice when my elbow hit the lock button when I was getting out of the truck.

4. ctchap70

:) I got it! I was reading on a truck website and someone said that some chevy keys will open other chevy's. I have heard this before so I figure wth? I have a 2011 silverado company truck and my wife has a 2004 Silverado Vortec High Output. I tried both sets in my 2009 with no luck. I decided to try to unlock her truck with my 2011 key. The 2011 key was too thick and would not go into the lock. This made me think, hmm if her key is a little skinnier, I should be able to wiggle it around some in my 2009. Guess what, it freaking worked! I was pulling on door handle at same time I was wiggling the key, bam, door opened and alarm started going off. I pushed the correct key, allready hanging halfway in ignition, in and turned it to turn off alarm. So ya'll remember this just in case it happens to you. When I bought my truck, it only came with one key and a promise to send me another in the mail which never happened. Ive had my truck a year now. I think I will stop by tomorrow and get a key ordered!

5. ctchap70

Someone else suggested that. How do they open it?

6. 77z28327

77z28327 Veteran Member

I pop 4-5 cars a day at work, this afternoon I had to go to the mall and pop one that was used in a theft the cops chased the girls they bailed and took the keys and locked the doors in hopes of coming back. If you have the proper tools, a wedge and sturdy yet bendable rod, you can pop a truck door in about 30 sec. with no damage. You can also check your cell phone provider, our policy actually has lock out service and 10 mile free towing, as long as your there with your phone, my wife has used it many times.

7. ctchap70

Yep I was gonna fab me some wedges in the morning but thankfully I don't have to now :)

8. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

and you have one set of keys to your car why ?

9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I've had good luck popping power door lock buttons with a wire. Sometimes, have to make a hook and pull the keys out of the ignition, I've even rolled window cranks down with a wire, lol.

10. ctchap70

Read post 4. I've had the truck for a year but I work away from home 14 & 14. Just ain't made it back up there.