lol...Ebay is so much fun

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Sep 16, 2021.

1. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

LOL typographical error!

an ebay seller could buy a few things just to get a few positive feedbacks...then be a seller

and yeah...I probably get feedback from buyers 10% of the time

I have my store set up that as soon as a buyer pays the system automatically leaves positive feedback

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I about got scammed selling a stereo receiver. Listed for $600, several offers and accepted one for $550 which would leave me with about 500 or so. Got the buyer's info and the name was a scrambled bunch of capital letters that meant nothing. Googled that, no results. So I Googled the address, oh my. A Vietnam shipping service with a hole in the wall store front in a Little Vietnam area in Calif. with several reports of chargebacks and stolen credit card payments. They scam Ebay, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. Send the item on its way to Nam and then say they didn't receive the item. Cancelled that sale before they actually paid, thank goodness.

3. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Yep I just got scammed recently on a $400 Kamado grill on Ebay. Dude has "0" feedback which should have been my first clue but I bought anyway. He was located in Arkansas but the supposed item was shipped from an Amazon warehouse in Texas according to UPS. Luckily I paid through Paypal, which my wife works for, and they saw several red flags on that account and refunded me. I left him very negative feedback and a few other people did as well and then all of a sudden all the negative feedback disappeared from his feedback page!! How is that possible and why in the h*ll does Ebay let anyone remove negative feedback? If all those scammers would actually put that effort and energy into something positive, this would be a slightly better world.

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ebay doesn't care about buyers anymore. It used to be a great place to find weird used parts. Now it's almost all cheap Chinese crap. I only look there anymore if I'm looking for discontinued trim parts and I'm hoping a guy like Mav has one he's parting out.

carr911 and 351maverick like this.
  5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

The funny thing is that cheap chinese crap is not so "cheap" anymore only cheaply made :eek:.Cheap taillight for town country was $17 bucks 2 years ago $34 for pair [sockets/contacts melt chrysler crap] bought one-I'm cheap now left is fubar $37.99 for 1 cheapest price.Cheap voltage regulator for tractor was $14 bucks 2 years ago now $29 cheapest I can find plus they don't last long/are NOT happy in cold weather,originals are LONG obsolete and rival asking prices for L-78 fan shrouds LOL. Sure it is the covid/import issues [not political bait thrown out please] but it does make the case for buying better stuff if the chinesium is not so "cheap" price-wise-I'm ok with that if you have options. Later Steve!!