Looking for a certain 1970 Camaro

alap410

Sep 20, 2016
Canton, OH
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a specific 1970 Camaro that belonged to my dad back in the day. It was his first car and I'm just curious if the fine people on this forum could possibly shine some light on it's whereabouts. The car was green with black stripes, auto, 350 ci and has been registered on the Camaro registry so it is still around. I also have the VIN number, 124870N588253. It is from Ohio and was here from 1970-1980 when my dad sold it. He had thought it might have migrated out west but this is pure speculation.

Any info in this would be greatly appreciated and please PM me if you have something!

Thank you

Last edited:

FlaJunkie

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 24, 2001
Rockledge, Florida
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a specific 1970 Camaro that belonged to my dad back in the day. It was his first car and I'm just curious if the fine people on this forum could possibly shine some light on it's whereabouts. The car was green with black stripes, auto, 350 ci and has been registered on the Camaro registry so it is still around. I also have the VIN number, 124870N5882353. It is from Ohio and was here from 1970-1980 when my dad sold it. He had thought it might have migrated out west but this is pure speculation.

Any info in this would be greatly appreciated and please PM me if you have something!

Thank you
Too many numbers in VIN...

alap410

Sep 20, 2016
Canton, OH
upload_2016-10-17_15-44-2.png

As I said, I was already on this site and in contact with the administrator but unfortunately, whoever registered it there did not leave any information. Seems like the VIN is fine?

alap410

Sep 20, 2016
Canton, OH
Ah, I see where the extra number was on the VIN my bad. This is correct now. I had searched on that BMV site with the same results too. Here is the title for reference.

title.jpg

FlaJunkie

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 24, 2001
Rockledge, Florida
So are you a Caruso? Do you have any idea of the name of the person he sold it to? Also, the admin of the registry site SHOULD know the IP from the person who registered the car online. That would narrow your search.