Looking for OEM HOOD dimensions please 70-73

buildinmy73

Veteran Member
Oct 20, 2007
Bernardston, MA
Does someone have oem hood measurements 70-73 camaro (width) top,bottom and middle? They could share ?
I’m not happy how this cowl hood is fitting and ending up with 1/2” fender to hood gaps, which looks terrible .

THANKS

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
All second gen Camaro hoods should have the same external dimensions.
I'm pretty sure the only difference in them is the inner/bottom part.

I'll have the hood of my 80 open later today.
I'll try to remember to measure the width for you.

steins70z28

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Back wing tips 57 7/8, middle 56 5/8, front 55 5/8
The middle is plus or minus a 1/16 depending on where you consider the middle. I took a front to back measurement to get the approx. middle.

steins70z28

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Another note I took these measurements across the top of the hood which could slightly affect the measurement for the middle and fnt of the hood plus or minus a 1/16.

buildinmy73

Veteran Member
Oct 20, 2007
Bernardston, MA
Thank you everyone for helping this far
is there any chance someone could take a measurement near the front header panel between the fenders ?
My gaps are just super wide 1/2inch and I can’t live with that plus it looks terrible .
but I can’t pull the front of the fenders together in front because of the header panel .
Not sure if the header panel is just a little bit too long or or what because the cowl hood measures about the same as an original hood
Measurements .
Everything else seems to be fitting good .

thanks for your time and consideration

buildinmy73

Veteran Member
Oct 20, 2007
Bernardston, MA
I’m actually
Not sure
Is there a way to tell?
Also does anyone have a gm header panel they could get me a measurement length wise
Just trying to narrow down this issue

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Here is a pic of the front left corner of the hood/header panel of my '72. Hood is GM original and comes in at 55 7/8

The header panel is GM as far as I know, and comes in just under 56 1/8.

But, this header panel gave me a hard time as well, it was wider and felt kind of "flattened" on top of the light buckets, so I cut both ends assembled the front end and welded them back up, light bezels even fit better afterwards, maybe it was a replacement panel back when the front end was damaged in the mid 80's, must of been a GM part, not much aftermarket back then. could of been one of those "offline" blem NOS panels as well that did not make the production cut.

Hope this helps out.

IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0716.jpg

Latest posts