Looking for parts.

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by kpaii_t, Feb 7, 2011.

1. kpaii_t

kpaii_t New Member

Looking for a few parts. just trying to get my car on its wheels.
    looking for:

Wheel hub(only got the spindles and cant attach wheels)
    shocks for the front.
    bolts for sub frame to body.

looking for best price shipped to montreal area.
    thank you!

2. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

re: the wheel hubs, don't the rotors have the studs in them? Or are you doing a C5 brake upgrade? If you just want OEM, then you can get the rotors any parts store or online like at rockauto.com

re: shocks. What kind you want? If you just want OEM, then see above.

bolts for subframe to body - you can use grade 8 hardware from any home improvement store or find some at a place like amkproducts.com. How are the bushings?

Good luck!

3. kpaii_t

kpaii_t New Member

i dont have anybushings and i need the studs and all i dunno what its called there is a spindle from what i was told im just trying to get the subframe on the shell so i can be rolling not looking for anything specail Oem used rusted i dont care i dont have money right now for upgrades or new so anything will do as long as its cheap. at the moment im looking at a shell on the ground with only back wheels and no front frame/wheels.

4. kpaii_t

kpaii_t New Member

just wondering if someone has a parts car going to scrap soon that i can buy these parts off.

5. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The rotor fits on the spindle shaft and will have the studs in them to mount the wheels.

If all you care about is getting the car on wheels, then shocks are not needed right now. Just get some rotors and some frame to body bolts. Do they not have junk yards in Montreal?

You might post this in the Swap Meet section.

6. mrnastyz28

mrnastyz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Also don't forget that 70-78 rotors are different than 79-81. Not sure what you are working on but just a heads up. Ok I see it's an 81, so you want a 79-81 rotor.

7. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you just want to get it off the ground, use a couple of jack stands. That will give you time to get a plan and some funds. You don't want to cause yourself a lot of re-work by installing the subframe without bushings, etc. using shocks, old SF bolts, etc from parts cars will cause you problems later on. Those parts can be bought new fairly cheap. The hubs you're looking for are the rotors. Even if you get a used set, they will need to be turned. For about the same price you can buy new ones.