Looking for Used 17" Wheels and Tires

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by StLDave, Aug 17, 2021.

1. StLDave

StLDave Member

Looking for a 17" set to roll the car around in the shop for the next year or so, plus to check fit on offset, tire size etc. Would like to get something that fits a second gen, but not overly concerned with blemishes or worn out tires.

I am in St Louis, also like to get something close.

2. Ruthead

Ruthead Member

I got a set off my 73 just north of KC with good tires and a spare set of tires also.

3. Ruthead

Ruthead Member

Here is pic.
    20210227_152431.jpg

4. StLDave

StLDave Member

What size are they? What are you asking?

Thanks

5. Ruthead

Ruthead Member

255/45R17 and 225/45R17. I didn't put 100 miles on the tires after I bought the car then removed. Was told they were new when I bought car.
    I just bought 4 tires and wheels for $400 but had to replace all 4 tires. Like to have $400 out of these with good tires. That Fair?

6. Ruthead

Ruthead Member

That too high??

7. StLDave

StLDave Member

Maybe a bit. You replaced them for a reason, I will be replacing them as well, they are not my taste. I just want something to check size and fit new big brakes while I sort things out, and roll the car around on while I work on it. Really do not plan to ever run them on the street, so tires do not matter. Can you put the bad tires on them and sell them for alot less?

8. StLDave

StLDave Member

So, meet you in Columbia with $150?

9. Ruthead

Ruthead Member

Yep u r correct. I replaced them because I wanted American Racing wheels. Same reason anyone replaces wheels. Wanted something different. Doesn't mean they're not worth anything.
    Drive5 hours to deliver, spend $75 in gas, pay to have tires swapped? I'd be better off to just give them away for free. I'm willing to negotiate on price but I believe I'll pass on your offer.

10. StLDave

StLDave Member

Ruthead, this is why I wanted to have some thing close, which you are, sorta! If I could drive an hour, we could work out a deal. I get your logic, so no harm no foul. I would like to figure out how to get your wheels and tires as they are pretty much what I am looking for, for maybe $200. I have a sister in KC, maybe I should go see her for a weekend and be more in your neighborhood. Would something like this work out? Again, I do not want to pay too much for these as they are a temporary thing for me. Then I have to sell them or have them sit in my garage.

Could we work something out?