LS engine mount camaro 73

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by cisco 1, Jul 18, 2021.

1. cisco 1

cisco 1 Member

i am instaling LS engine in camaro 73 . there is so many engine mount available . i have a set and they hare to high so i mod them to go lower . but my question is why holey/ hooker blackheat engine mount hare not same thickness rights and left .
    my engine is now center in the original frame mount but engine is one inch on the passenger side . it need to go driver side . All company do there engine mount strait . only Holley does them offset https://www.holley.com/products/eng...and_crossmembers/engine_mounts/parts/12512HKR

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Interesting, I have no idea! When LS swaps were still kind of new, all we used was adapter plates and the stock mounts worked just fine.

3. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I used brp hot rods ls swap mounts

no issues I really like them

Crazy4camaro likes this.
  4. streak

streak Member

And here my question for Holley mounts is why they charge $210 for the same thing you can get for $50 everywhere else?

But really its all in how a company designs their mounts and headers to work as a system. That's why getting everything from the same place is beneficial. Going to the passenger side gives more room for steering box/shaft to header clearance would be the only benefit to offseting the engine. It is a balance though with tunnel clearance and eventually pinion angles.

cisco 1 likes this.
  5. cisco 1

cisco 1 Member

yes if
    i did read instruction for holley mounts they tell you there header fit nicely only whit there engine mounts . they also said 3 to 3.5 degree motor angle and that perfect . i have 6 and went down 4,5 but can be lower .... 3,5 would be perfect .
    i need everyting so i will probably go holley

i did buy cheap version and i will be trowing them away

6. 1934chevycoupe

1934chevycoupe Veteran Member

72BIGBLOCK what did those BRP mounts give you for clearance between the crossmount and oil pan? i'm using the original tower cross member mounts w/ a conversion plate and energy suspension motor mount inserts. seems like i could get it lower which would help my driveline angle.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-1114g

7. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Hey badazz did you use this style plate with the 70 frame stands, not the clamshell version frame mount? Do driveline angle issues?
    Screenshot_20210922-080719~2.png

1934chevycoupe likes this.
  8. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Sorryb
    sorry I used them a 69 and had no issues I also used some on a 73 firebird and no issues but the firebird has a 6L80 trans

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

That is similar to what I have, but I have a DSE frame, so the stands on the frame are slightly different, but same concept.

mrfleet12 likes this.