LS swap kit preference

Eug3ne

Mar 1, 2022
I'm getting everything together to start my LS swap on my 71. I'm looking at all of the companies out there with complete swap kit options. I figure it will be best to stick with the same company throughout the project for fitment. What are some opinions on BRPhotrods, holley, or hedman? Any preferences or recommendations? Thanks for any advice.

Eug3ne

Mar 1, 2022
You don’t need a swap kit. All you need are motor mount adapters. That’s it…
I need more than just motor mount adapters... I'm starting from nothing. I'm in need of radiator, trans crossmember, fuel system, motor mounts, etc... That's why I figured it would be best to find a "kit" from a single company.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I’m not tracking any inclusive kit. The radiator, you can use the stock one or the type that has the one inlet/outlet on the pass side. The fuel system has numerous options…
Most if these kits will just give you what you need to physically bolt the engine in. What trans do you intend to run?

Eug3ne

Mar 1, 2022
Planning on the 4L80E. Your build looks awesome man. This is my first big project with minimal experience to this level. I'm just trying to get everything ordered and have it all waiting for some time off. Thanks for the replies.

ErikNORCAL

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2003
now in VA
As BA stated, don’t think there is a ‘turnkey’ all inclusive kit. Think of it in ‘systems’ - cooling, fuel, electronics, etc.
it’s going to add up $$$ quickly….
I have carshop 1” set back motor mount plates. Stainless steel works headers but Speed engineering comes to mind as a excellent alternative.
Griffin LS radiator, outlets on passenger side with Corvette front end accessory drive, aftermarket ac bracket and LS3 water pump. 4th Gen Fbody oil pan. ATS T56 trans crossmember but the stock one can be modified easily.

bazookatooths

Apr 25, 2018
OKC OK
Heres the kit I used:
-5.3 vortech motor, ls6 intake, chromoly pushrods, tick blueprinted and ported oil pump, 228/230 cam, ls7 lifters, fbody oilpan
-1" setback motor mounts (used because I kept th350 & driveshaft)
-Aeromotive Stealth II tank(In tank 340LPH pump with cool foam sock, keeps you at 60psi til bone dry, took awhile to figure out I was out of fuel because of that, very impressed!)
-Speed Engineering headers
-Derale Fan on stock rad w/ PWM controller(didn't know terminator x could control so waste of money but cool piece)
-ICT brackets : Stock truck balancer, 44 Alternator,LS3 Water Pump(great for stock style radiator), Turn One power steering pump(temps are excellent!)
-Terminator X max for ECU, I have DBW and the ability to run electronic transmission in the future

Camaro engine.jpg

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
Heres the kit I used:
-5.3 vortech motor, ls6 intake, chromoly pushrods, tick blueprinted and ported oil pump, 228/230 cam, ls7 lifters, fbody oilpan
-1" setback motor mounts (used because I kept th350 & driveshaft)
-Aeromotive Stealth II tank(In tank 340LPH pump with cool foam sock, keeps you at 60psi til bone dry, took awhile to figure out I was out of fuel because of that, very impressed!)
-Speed Engineering headers
-Derale Fan on stock rad w/ PWM controller(didn't know terminator x could control so waste of money but cool piece)
-ICT brackets : Stock truck balancer, 44 Alternator,LS3 Water Pump(great for stock style radiator), Turn One power steering pump(temps are excellent!)
-Terminator X max for ECU, I have DBW and the ability to run electronic transmission in the future

View attachment 136403
Looks nice, what upper and lower radiator hoses did you use?

bazookatooths

Apr 25, 2018
OKC OK
This is with ls3 WP and Stock style rad.
Gates 21837 upper(cut for best fit)
Gates 20734 lower

I have heard Dayco 70649 will fit lower, and may provide more room for turbo. I will test when I add the turbo.
I can only verify the top two though.