LS1 swap parts question

spinedoc

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2001
Erie, PA USA
I am installing an LS1 into my 70 Camaro using Holley mounts and front drive accessory setup. Can someone recommend where to get a throttle cable, a power steering pressure line and the correct set of radiator hoses? I am using stock AGR power steering box with the Holley pump, and a stock style radiator. Thank you in advance for any help.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I used a Lokar throttle body cable. Easy to install in the stock firewall hole. You will need to have a hose custom crimped at a local auto part store, the hoses for the radiator is tough. Are you using the stock 2nd Gen radiator?

spinedoc

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2001
Erie, PA USA
Thanks for the advice. I am using an upgraded radiator from Custom Works that I believe has the same openings as the stock one.
Do you know which length throttle body cable you used? I see Lokar has 24" or 36".
Thanks again

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Thanks for the advice. I am using an upgraded radiator from Custom Works that I believe has the same openings as the stock one.
Do you know which length throttle body cable you used? I see Lokar has 24" or 36".
Thanks again

I think I still have it.....Let me check...if I do, you can have it.

I believe it was 36" and I cut it down.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
For the pressure side of the PS pump I use -6 PTFE line and -6 adapters for the power steering box and pump. On the return side you can use just regular PS hose.
Maybe it's too late but a LS swap radiator makes the radiator hose routing a bit easier. Also makes routing the intake tube/air filter a bit easier.
My orange 73 has a stock radiator.
My 80 has a LS swap radiator.

Attachments

• IMG_0042 small .jpg
    IMG_0042 small .jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 91

spinedoc

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2001
Erie, PA USA
Thanks for the advice. The LS radiator looks good. I'll have to use the one I have, which is more stock. Your engine bays looks great.

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
On my last swap I used a fitting going into the Corvette style pump that converted it to the flare fitting on the stock Camaro hose. The rad hoses are interesting, I downloaded a Gates sheet that has part numbers, pictures and sizes then did some measurements to get something that worked. The link in my sig for my 73 build may help. LS 1 tech is another good resource.
Link to fitting

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
In the pic of my orange 73 upper radiator hose you can see the splice. It came from Jags that run. You can't see it but underneath it has 1/8" npt bung for the coolant cross over vent tube.

Latest posts