LS1 T56 parts

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
I'm beginning to gather up a list of what I'll need to convert over to an LSx engine. I currently have an LT1 T56 installed, that I bought new in the crate in '95. Since I know the history of this trans, I'd prefer to convert it over to bolt to an LS1.
It looks like I'll need the LS1 input shaft, front trans plate, and bellhousing to make it fit. Of course, I'll need the LS1 hydraulic throwout bearing as well for the clutch. Am I missing anything? Will the shaft bearings from my trans fit on the LS1 shaft OK?

Someone from LS1tech sent me an email that he has these parts. $300 for the shaft, plate, and bellhousing. Is this reasonable?

Todd

79ZED

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2000
Nanaimo, B.C., Canada
Todd,

According to my TTC T56 service manual, you'll need the Adapter Plate Assembly, the Bell Housing adapter, Bell Housing, LSx Hydraulics, and the new clutch for the conversion.

Can't really comment on your price, but I do know the new stuff from GM or TTC supplier can get very expensive.

John

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
I know the condition of my T56, I know how it's been treated its whole life, so it's hard to give up that piece of mind. I fixed busted crap all day long at work, so I have low tolerance for problems outside work.:)