LS2 PCV System Missing

GDSmith

Veteran Member
Aug 4, 2012
Glen Ellyn, IL
Stumbled onto another "Gift" the installation shop was so kind to provide.

The PCV system has been eliminated. Would appreciate pictures and or diagram of the system you are using.

The engine is a LS2 out of a 2006 GTO. All of the ports are capped off, based on the reads so far I will also be purchasing a catch can, suggestions appreciated.
Thanks for your help in advance

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Its not too complicated without emissions. Both ports on the valve covers are fresh air inlets. Connect valve cover ports to air intake nipple after MAF. The Valley cover should have a port that directs into the intake manifold. If you want a catch can, it sits between the valley cover port and the intake manifold port.

GDSmith

Veteran Member
Aug 4, 2012
Glen Ellyn, IL
There is a breather / filter on the back of the drivers side valve cover.

I've installed the Terminator X Max and need engine vacuum which is what led me to noticing this. The car has Hydra Boost so there isn't any vacuum draw on the motor. After reading multiple articles it does seem as having the PCV system in place is beneficial for the motor longevity and possibly performance?

GDSmith

Veteran Member
Aug 4, 2012
Glen Ellyn, IL
Talked to Norris Motorsports, I will be ordering a Catch Can to separate the oil from the air, hook the hose from the Valley Pan to the intake side and the Exit side to the connection behind the Throttle Body and keep the filtered vent on the drivers side valve cover.
Make Sense???

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Talked to Norris Motorsports, I will be ordering a Catch Can to separate the oil from the air, hook the hose from the Valley Pan to the intake side and the Exit side to the connection behind the Throttle Body and keep the filtered vent on the drivers side valve cover.
Make Sense???

Yes, there is also nothing wrong with how your car is currently set-up if everything is blocked off. What you don't want is the engine sucking air into the TB from ambient air (un-metered air). Vacuum for the brake booster comes from the rear of the intake manifold, not the valve cover. Not having power brakes doesn't affect the engines vacuum. Having a PVC system helps remove corrosive gases from the crank case. There is some piston blow by and these gases do need to escape either through a PVC system or simply breathers.